UX Visual Designer
6-month contract w/ potential for extensions or perm placement (full medical, dental & vision benefits offered)
Candidate can sit in Minneapolis, MN, Dallas, TX, San Francisco, CA, Atlanta, GA or New York, NY
A visual/interaction designer is a professional who can plan, create, and communicate beautiful, usable, and effective interface designs for mobile, web, and device interfaces. From layout, to visual branding, to motion and interactivity – interactive design is collaborative and comprehensive.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of current digital design trends as well as design fundamentals. This candidate is passionate about all aspects of the digital space and understands how to translate business problems into strong interactive solutions.
We will need someone who will work with a developer, researchers and experience architects designing and testing one set of functionality (Customer Profile – phone numbers, addresses, consent pages, etc.) that will be shared across customer and employee facing channels. It will be a mix of leveraging existing styles in our old and new brands, but working collaboratively with my team to ideate, design, create and test – with some iteration of those designs built in.
The cadence will likely be as follows:
Day 1: Unpack the requirements (as is, vision for future, competitor evals, all relevant details) Day 2: Ideate Day 3: Bring the ideas back in and define the solution Day 4 and 5: Prototype (partner with dev to build it) Day 6: Test
The person needs to LOVE collaborating with a team and have a great attitude.
· Work with contemporary tools, including Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Adobe Creative Cloud to design new interaction modules, page layouts, style guides, images, icons, animations and other visual elements
· Apply and update existing brand (visual and interaction) standards to accommodate test goals
· Present and communicate designs and design goals to teammates, partners, and leadership.
· Create prototypes using design tools noted above; by coding in HTML5/CSS/JS; and working directly with front-end developers
· Participate as an observer in user interviews and usability test sessions
· Validate developer-built experiences relative to UX design requirements, provide feedback and work with developers to reach best outcomes
· Sketch – 5 yrs
· Adobe Creative – 5 yrs
· InVision – 5 yrs
· Omnigraffle – 5 yrs
· Marvel – 5 yrs
· Bachelor’s in a visual design-related discipline such as Design, Animation, or related field of study – or 5 years relevant professional experience
· Responsible for shaping and improving the user experience through design and considering the effects of typography, space, layouts, color illustrations and photography on the usability of digital product.
· Combines a thorough knowledge of current design trends, and a working knowledge of front-end development to interface across a variety of digital products.
· Responsibilities include:
o Creates accessible interaction modules, screen layouts, style guides, pattern libraries, images, icons and other visual elements for approved and funded projects.
o Applies and updates existing brand (visual and interaction) standards to accommodate new products and campaigns.
o Presents and communicates design and design goals to teammates and partners.
o Validates code is built as designed during projects (according to brand standards, style guides and pattern libraries).
o Review’s artifacts and deliverables from peer designers to ensure they accurately represent the brand.
Apply directly through our website, or if interested, please send your resume and contact information to Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed