Title: UX/Visual Designer II
Duration: 12 Month Contract
The communications team conducts global research to uncover deep, human-centered insights about people and technology in emerging markets. We then go on to build tools and experiences for teams to implement and internalize those insights into meaningful product changes. We are a small, nimble team of researchers, designers and storytellers whose goal is to change the way our client thinks about key populations that are often misunderstood.
As a Communications Designer on the Horizons team, you will be responsible for taking a variety of content such as qualitative research insights, survey data, and program updates, tools, and crafting them into compelling, engaging, and memorable narratives aimed at audiences ranging from product teams to executives. You will leverage established templates, patterns and other ready-to-use assets, as well as create new presentations, documents, artifacts etc.
UX/Visual Designer Responsibilities:
· Partner with key stakeholders to create digital materials in the form of presentations, documents, and websites to communicate research insights, resources and team information
· Create engaging information visualizations and narratives that clearly convey concepts and insights based on qualitative and quantitative data.
· Develop clear communication materials to convey concepts and information so that it is relatable and memorable.
· Recommend and implement new strategies and presentation materials for communicating to our peers and varying levels of stakeholders from cross-functional partners to senior leadership.
· Effectively manage and prioritize multiple parallel workstreams of varying scope (i.e. near-term presentations as well as longer term deliverables like a website)
UX/Visual Designer Required Education, Experience and Skills:
· A degree in relevant field: information design, communication arts, graphic design. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience.
· Must be proficient with Google Apps (Slides, Docs, Sheets) and Creative Suite, and have a portfolio which demonstrates a wide range of design styles.
· A generous team player with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal, skills when interacting with different audiences, functions, and varying levels of the organization
· Creative problem-solving abilities
· Comfort with ambiguity, pivots, and experimentation with a desire/drive to create clarity and structure
UX/Visual Designer Preferred Experience and Skills:
· Visual design that demonstrates stylistic range and production quality detail. Past experience designing for Emerging Markets, or a field that addressed marginalized communities / characteristics (i.e. accessibility, low literacy, low income), a plus.
· Examples of illustrations, data visualizations, and/or animations.
· Examples of web/mobile web design compositions that are considerate of UI visual systems, hierarchy, and usability.
· Experience working closely with UX and product management teams in the tech industry.
· Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with teammates in an iterative design process, proactively sharing work of all fidelities
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com) is a specialized division of Synergis (synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative's recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities. Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed