Title: UX Researcher (Iterative + Evaluative Testing)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Duration: 10+ months, potential to extend
- Performs research and programming tasks
- Usability testing: Remote tasks evaluation (moderated and unmoderated)
- Concept testing: Remote cognitive walkthroughs and low fidelity mock assessments
- Interviews: Remote semi-structured individual and focus groups
- Some light survey work to support participant recruiting
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Finalizing study plans and securing research participants
- Executing study plans and collecting data
- Synthesizing findings and communicating results
- MA/MS in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- 3+ years of work experience in user research / related fields.
- 2+ years running usability lab studies with end users — iterative + evaluative lab testing a MUST
- Understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly to turn around high quality research insights.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible, adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Knowledge of user experience methodologies.
Nice to have Skills (not required):
- Ph.D. in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other fields emphasizing human behavior.
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts preferred.
- A deep desire to apply design toward expanding what's possible and improving the world.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed