New York, NY (Telecommute)
12+ month contract (benefits offered, potential to extend)
5+ years of professional experience
Local to NYC area (starts remote, potential onsite in the future)
You will work as part of a small cross-functional team including Program Management, Design, Engineers and Research to conduct research collecting and analyzing user behavior with appropriate methods, qualitative and quantitative. You will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, focussed on establishing and evaluating user needs and expectations.
- Familiarity with planning and conducting a wide range of research design and practical work.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods and tools.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- The ability work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication through written reports and oral presentations.
- You will need Critical thinking in human behavioral analysis normally evidenced by Master’s degree level or equivalent on a human centered research course, for example HCI, Psychology, Human Factors, Social Psychology, Anthropology Familiarity with experimental design basics, including setup, understanding and explaining trade-offs of method, understanding populations and sampling, familiarity with issues of validity, bias, and the ability to construct or critique possible experimental setups
- A track record of decision-making based on using a variety of practical techniques in a successful software-product development environment. Including responsibility for designing and facilitating goal directed and task directed usability assessments of software interactions on a range of different software platforms (iOS, Android, Web)
- Excellent communication skills illustrated through participant management, interview planning and management, workshop facilitation using focus group techniques and translation of findings into impactful design stories. Ability to construct, deploy and analyze surveys that have high quality structure, content and question structure.
- Demonstrable experience analyzing, synthesizing and distilling insights from both quantitative and qualitative data sources. A portfolio that illustrates your communication and research skills.
YOE: 5 years
- You will impress the interviewers if you have capabilities consistent with: Large scale data collection and analysis (e.g., collecting data from online communities, scraping social networking sites, crawling websites for landscape analyses, etc). Automated processing of visual data (e.g., experience with automated image classification, OpenCV, etc). Social network analysis (e.g., mapping networks of resource usage).
- Visualization, especially of information rich sets of data.
- Research instrument or prototype development skills Experience of research with target users that include Software Developers and User Experience Designers Bachelor's degree preferred (In related field)
If interested in learning more or applying to this position please visit: https://creative.synergishr.com/jobs/
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com/) is a specialized division of Synergis (www.synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis Creative/Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed