Anticipated Duration: 18+month contract (full benefits offered, likely to extend or convert)
The UX Researcher will be part of a cross functional team focused on the “do-it-for-me” customer, with responsibilities including understanding the customer experience of the lead, sales and job management processes end-to-end. The UX Researcher must be a self-starter, a problem solver and enjoy a challenge.
Ideal candidates are storytellers, have the ability to give life to customer data with the required training and experience and have the ability to conduct rigorous research across retail channels. This candidate will need to be adept at field- and lab-based human studies and have worked in a research field with examples of projects that have benefited from their research. They are driven by innovation and championing actionable user insights.
UX Researcher Responsibilities:
60%-Creates research and usability strategy deliverables, including discovery findings, user journey maps, personas, and mind maps
20%-Participates in Agile UX activities such as user story development
10%-Communicates status of development design to supervisors and end users.
10%-Provides expertise on UX design development to meet user needs in a timely and cost effective manner while ensuring the right things get done as per the governance process.
UX Researcher Qualifications:
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience as a User Researcher, UX Researcher, Usability Analyst, or similar role, with examples of research initiatives
- Experience in creating research and usability strategy deliverables, including: discovery findings, user journey maps, personas, debrief documentation, screeners, testing plan, task lists and mind maps.
- Facilitate and participate in Agile UX activities such as user story maps, personas, design studios, etc. with the result to illicit ideas, assist team members with gaining shared understanding, and to align the product team and stakeholders.
- Oversee and participate in all UX deliverables including but not limited to: mental models, user journeys, personas, scenarios, low & high fidelity prototypes, wireframes.
- Must be able to drive UX project deliverables to communicate the UX strategy and rationale such as project plans, research, personas, concept documents, task lists, workflows, information architecture, wireframes, page maps, interaction and behavior specifications, visual design and content strategy.
- Experience in participating and facilitating user research and usability.
- Degree in Marketing, Psychology, and Interaction Design, HCI preferred or other related degree or equivalent work experience.
UX Researcher Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to succinctly identify and document business requirements.
- Expert analytical and problem solving skills along with strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to influence business owners and senior management.
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical, while working independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to understand existing business processes and lead efforts to re-engineer processes.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and practices.
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com) is a specialized division of Synergis (www.synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative's recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed