Title: UX Research Associate
Location: Mountain View, CA
Duration: 12+ month contract
Our client is searching for a UX Research Assistant to join their mobile team for a 12+ month contract. As a Research Assistant, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, mobile products. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
- Conduct qualitative user research, primarily in-lab usability sessions.
- Administer questionnaires and surveys.
- Analyze and interpret both qualitative and quantitative data.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research.
- Assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities.
- Assist user researchers with data cleaning and manipulating data.
- BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- At least 6 months experience in conducting in-person lab-based usability research
- Experience or background conducting mobile research is preferred
- Interest in general research and/or user research methods
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- M.A./M.S. in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred
- Familiarity with Android smartphones & tablets preferred
- Some familiarity with scripting or query languages (SQL, R, Perl, etc) preferred
- Understanding of experimental design and descriptive statistics preferred
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed