Location: Mountain View, CA
Duration: 6+ month contract, potential to extend
Rate: $50-56/hour, DOE
Our client is searching for a strong UX Research Assistant to join their health department team! As a UX Research Assistant, you'll support our research activities as we develop user-friendly products on the leading edge of Healthcare and AI. This support focuses on planning and conducting remote studies including foundational research sessions, workflow design research, concept testing sessions, and usability sessions. You will also assist with literature reviews, ethnographic research, data analysis, reporting, and project logistics.
We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent and detail-oriented, and can work independently on well-scoped projects.
Top 5 Daily Responsibilities:
- Plan and conduct remote formative studies.
- Plan and conduct remote service design research.
- Plan and conduct remote usability studies.
- Analyze study findings, create detailed reports, and present to stakeholders.
- Assist senior researchers on larger projects (via recruitment, data analysis, etc).
- Mandatory B.A./B.S. (completed) in Human Factors, Social Sciences, HCI, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Computer Science, Product Design, or other related field emphasizing human behavior
- Desired M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Social Sciences, HCI, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Computer Science, Product Design, or other fields emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu of degree, some related work experience
- 1-2 years of experience as a researcher in applied industry
- Experience planning, conducting, analyzing, and delivering detailed written reports of formative user experience evaluations
- Experience organizing resources (people, goods, and processes) in order to improve an overall service or experience
- Able to conduct heuristic evaluations and plan, conduct, analyze, and deliver written reports of the results from usability testing
- Experience producing observational findings from usability testing leading to the identification of usability issues and risks.
- Strong ability to draw recommendations from research insights
- Able to contribute to multiple projects at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including overseas collaborators
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks
- NICE TO HAVE:
- Formal training or experience in implementation science, healthcare quality improvement, systems or service design
- Healthcare work experience
- Experience applying Human Factors principles and practices to medical device design and regulation
- Working knowledge of the following International Standards and Guidance Documents preferred: FDA Guidance “Applying Human Factors and Usability Engineering to Medical Devices – February 19, 2016” IEC 62366-1: Medical devices — Part 1: Application of usability engineering to medical devices ANSI/AAMI HE75:2009 – Human factors engineering – Design of medical devices ISO 14971:2007 – Application of risk management to medical devices. ISO13485-Quality management systems for Medical devices
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed