UX Manager (fintech industry and Fortune 250 client)
Atlanta, GA (candidates must be local at this time but the role is still 100% remote)
What does a great UX & Design Manager do?
Our client is looking for a UX and Design Manager to join their Payments team. You’ll work with Product Managers, Technical Development and other UX professionals to lead their user-centered design practice for Zelle and Bill Pay. This is a highly interactive role. They are looking for someone who puts team first by digging into the details, which often requires prioritizing complex technical constraints.
In addition to managing a mature delivery team, you’ll bring knowledge of design best practices, identify research needs in the product roadmap, actively manage, and facilitate communications with stakeholders, and be responsible for supporting the ongoing development of our design systems and operations.
This opportunity requires a healthy mix of self-starter, creative visionary, mentor, project manager, and product strategist. Finally, you’ll be joining a seasoned team of individuals that is poised for success. This group is looking for dynamic leader that can drive for results while at the same time build consensus within the Product organization.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
· As a user experience professional, we will ask you to scope voice-of-customer research with our partners, analyze insights, shepherd research studies, and provide usability assessments to improve our products
· From concept to commercialization, you will work closely with Product and Development to ensure designs are translated into clean and elegant products that follow best practices for the appropriate platform
· Take responsibility for the quality of the visual design and experience of the Payments products
· Advocate for the user by challenging constraints when appropriate
· Actively interpret and facilitate specifications and design recommendations from partners and leadership
· Lead design of user interfaces and interactions for new apps and services
· Integrate business constraints into design decisions, maintaining relevance and quality
· Thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment and feel comfortable standing up for design decisions to build consensus
· Help facilitate design thinking initiatives, retrospectives and critiques by presenting work to key contributors
· You are a leader, mentor, and coach team members. You play well in the sandbox with others by actively engaging product owners, business analysts, writers, and designers
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
· 8 or more years of UX design experience
· Experience with one of the following: Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors, or equivalent project/portfolio experience
· Self-starter and customer obsessed problem solver
· A strong affinity for organization, prioritization, and task management
· Ability to manage multiple projects, collaborating with geographically distributed teams
· Thorough knowledge in mobile, web and native solution design
· Experience working closely with product managers and product teams
· Experience leading delivery, feedback, design critique, presentations, planning, and coordinating with partners where needed
· Experience with resources such as product design systems, repositories and internal communication tools
· Balancing technical constraints with user needs is critical. Your portfolio should reflect an understanding of user center design methodology by highlighting your experience on projects you have guided to delivery
· Complete UX skillset: workshop facilitation, identifying customer problem statements, problem discovery, solution generation, concept creation, wireframing, testing, synthesis, iteration, prototyping, heuristic evaluation, competitive analysis, customer journey mapping, applying design systems, and producing deliverables for development.
· Experience with rapid prototyping and visualization tools such as Axure, Sketch, Invision, Abstract and Adobe Creative Cloud
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Master’s degree in design, including one of the following: Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors, or equivalent project/portfolio experience
Apply directly through our website, or if interested, please send your resume and contact information to Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed