Position: Sr. UX Designer (with UI)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Duration: 1+ year contract, potential to extend
Rate: $70-75 /Hour, DOE
Our client is searching for a strong UX Designer with UI skills to join their Hardware UX team for a yearlong contract! This team will be defining the next generation of hardware products and best-in-class interaction principles that span our product family. We are looking for diverse thinkers and makers to discover, design, advocate, and guide the creation of radically helpful user experiences.
For this role, we are seeking a User Experience Designer with expertise in interfaces, user-centered design principles, and visuals. This individual will be responsible for designing interactions, flows, interfaces and visuals for upcoming hardware products.
- Highly creative individual who will design interactions and visuals for user interfaces
- Ideate, design, and communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes
- Advocacy of user-centered design changes, refinements, and improvements
- Skilled in Figma, Sketch, and other design tools
- Ability to prototype in Principle, Framer, Origami, After Effects, or other tools
- Test and refine designs on prototype hardware provided by Google
- Create aesthetically excellent work that is true to the Google Hardware brand spirit
- Excellent collaborative skills, proactive communicator, flexible, able to multitask
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique
- Create artifacts, prototypes, and/or specs that enable developers to implement designs efficiently
- Ensure quality experiences by creating, applying, and extending hardware usability requirements
- Create visual designs when needed
- Thrives in dynamic creative environment
- Mandatory A portfolio showcasing experience in working on digital interfaces across various screen types Skilled in Figma, Sketch, and other design tools Interest in hardware experience design
- 4 years of relevant work experience Excellent written and visual communication skills
- Experience working closely with other UX and visual designers, UX writers, UX researchers in the field to solve user problems
- Creative problem-solving abilities and the desire to experiment with new ways of presenting complex information
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong visual design skills, layout, typography and high graphic standards
- Experience working with hardware
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com) is a specialized division of Synergis (synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative's recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities. Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed