Title: Sustainability Program Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 12+ Months (medical, dental, vision benefits offered)
- Project: Coordinate our client’s corporate water stewardship program.
- Group: Our client’s Global Sustainability Team — corporate sustainability team, led by their client’s Sustainability Officer.
- Support the development and implementation of our client’s water strategy, and coordinate cross-functional efforts across Product Areas and partner teams.
- Further develop and maintain our client’s water stewardship project portfolio.
- Research, identify and perform full due diligence of water stewardship projects.
- Draft and execute contracts with suppliers, and manage the financial obligations of the contracts (requisitions, POs, invoicing)
- Program financial planning and budget tracking
- Support the definition of nature-based solutions (NBS) strategy for water stewardship projects, in coordination with the carbon team and other internal cross-functional leads.
- Define and execute a plan for external thought leadership on water stewardship (white papers, blog posts, conferences)
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Company-wide coordination of the activities related to developing and implementing our client’s corporate water stewardship program.
- Maintain our client’s water stewardship project portfolio: complete due diligence and contracting of new projects, manage portfolio financial, contractual and reporting requirements, and maintain project portfolio in each priority region in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Support internal coordination with key stakeholders.
Desired years of experience: 5-8 years
Experience in the development and/or management of water stewardship programs, particularly in replenishment/balance projects, watershed health, experience in evaluating project attributes, completing project due diligence and monitoring.
MSc education or equivalent experience in water resources and water quality science or engineering, or equivalent degree (environmental science, environmental engineering, water, ecology, biology). Experience with stakeholder management in the water stewardship field (project developers, relevant NGOs, relevant coalition groups).
Great communication and program management skills (project scoping and planning, stakeholder management, overall program and individual project coordination).
Attention to detail.
Experience in similar positions.
Quantitative skills: proficient use of Our client’s sheets/Excel, data management, data QA/QC, extracting insights from data.
Corporate sustainability experience or NGO experience.
Familiarity with the tech sector.
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com) is a specialized division of Synergis (www.synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative's recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis Creative is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed