Position: UX/Visual Designer
Location: Seattle, WA
Duration: 12+ month contract, potential to extend
Rate: $80-87/hour, DOE
Our client in Seattle, WA is searching for a strong Sr. UX/Visual Designer to join their team for a 12+ month contract. As a Senior UX/Visual Designer, you will be responsible for conducting product audits, identifying patterns, and creating flexible, enterprise-grade visual design components that can be used by all of the team's products with a core focus on the coherent interaction and behavior of the components. You will command and understand all products patterns and components as well as design new patterns and components to reflect the needs of product teams, businesses, and users.
You will also be responsible for:
- Respond to and close bugs related to current components by improving designs.
- Work closely with your design lead, engineers and PM partners to ensure components and patterns are well-documented and maintained.
- Contribute strategically to the development of an improved process around pattern definition and documentation.
- Create aesthetically excellent work that is true to the Google brand spirit
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Work with design leads to define the standards for existing and new requirements for products.
- Document the usage, accessibility, and design specs for visual design components within the design system spec.
- Own the review process between multiple teams within the organization and address feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or a related field
- 2-4 years of post-baccalaureate experience in UX/Visual Design or a related field
- 7+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience establishing functional design systems for various brands and/or products
- Ability to demonstrate a collaborative approach with design and engineers
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong interaction skills for patterns and components
- Experience with layout design, typography, written, and visual communications
- Experience working closely with UX and product management teams in the tech industry
- Strong experience with Icon design
- Experience design in games; and multimedia exhibits
- Experience in Fast-paced corporate environments
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed