Title: Sr. Visual Designer
Location: San Francisco
Duration: 3+ months, potential to extend
Our client is looking for a strong Sr. Designer to join their team for a 3+ month contract. As a Sr. Designer, you will work with creative leadership and key marketing partners to deliver our product stories and services to the world through our web platforms. The Designer will contribute to the development of key interactive experiences, and the design language that captures the character of the brand.There could also be a mix of brand design projects, including icon creation, brand identity creation or implementation, and brand strategy support. You will collaborate daily with a diverse set of specialists from information architects, strategists, marketers, project managers, writers and developers to deliver these designs, campaigns, or experiences. The work you create must be as conceptually strong as it is aesthetically beautiful.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities
- Develop conceptually strong work and guide junior designers to contribute meaningfully to projects
- Craft visual designs and experiences that embody the principles of Google’s brand and design using and expanding on established design systems
- Partner with other designers (visual and UX), writer, strategists, engineers, and marketers on a daily basis
- Develop visual designs, storyboards, mockups, prototypes*, and more to communicate interactive and visual ideas relevant to content and audience needs.
- Drive projects from start to finish, collaborating with Marketing, Engineering, and other web designers and developers
- Create aesthetically excellent work that is true to the Google brand spirit
- Work with external agencies (experience, design and production, etc.)
- Execute against several workstreams in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and deliver strategically sound, conceptually based, iconic experiences
- 5 – 8 years of experience at a world-class creative studio, interactive agency, or in-house interactive team
- A proven ability in the areas of narrative creation, concepting, designing digital experiences (e.g. website), and fundamental graphic design (typography, layout, and art direction)
- An awe-inspiring portfolio of brand-defining campaigns, websites, apps and artifacts Solid understanding of how to design for the modern web—across browsers, screen sizes, and audience types
- Detail-oriented (to the pixel!) and organized, with high graphic standards
- Expert proficiency with Sketch, Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other design tools
- Ability to demonstrate a collaborative approach with marketing partners and developer
- Experience working across/defining large web platforms
- Fluent in creating prototypes (Figma, InVision, Principle, AfterEffects etc.) to express ideas
- Coding for web (HTML/JS/CSS) and/or mobile app experience is a big plus.
- Experience leading or being involved with branding work, either traditional brand identity creation or digital brand expressions
- Knowledge of contemporary design and technology trends and insightful ways on how these can be leveraged for engaging Google brand expressions.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed