Sr. UX Researcher
Our client is looking for User Experience Researcher Lead. Seeking a smart, well-spoken, researcher to join the User Experience (UX) team to drive strategic design research activities (including designing appropriate research methodologies), execute research studies, and provide strategic design thinking throughout the design process.
We’re seeking candidates with 5+ years of experience synthesizing and evangelizing complex research studies. Experience with a variety of generative and evaluative research methodologies is desired, including contextual interviews, participatory design sessions, ethnographic studies, concept evaluation, usability studies, and heuristic evaluations. Master’s degree in design, HCI (human computer interaction), human factors, psychology, cognitive science, or related field is a plus.
In this role, you will reveal the experiences our customers desire through conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users, and working with teams of designers, business partners, architects, and others to develop new experiences. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering exciting oral, written, and visual presentations to articulate & translate research findings. Most important, your job as a researcher is to help the UX team understand what would make a user’s experience feel more meaningful, intuitive, accessible, fun—and even magical.
As a UX researcher, you’ll partner closely with visual designers, interaction designers, creative technologists, and content writers to provide user experience consulting services to business clients and development teams. You should be comfortable leading and participating in design workshops and other idea-generating/collaborative team sessions.
· Participate in strategic research planning. Meet with internal clients and UX team members to identify research questions and design and facilitate/moderate studies to address identified objectives.
· Design and conduct early-stage design direction definition activities, including ethnographic research and interviews, creating personas or experience models, and leading brainstorming sessions.
· Plan and execute research activities that align with business goals, uncover customer needs that result in actionable recommendations that drive user-centered ideation, definition, and iteration.
· Plan, manage and execute all aspects of studies with users including recruiting, logistics, moderation, and data collection. Collaborate with third party vendors when necessary.
· Lead synthesis of qualitative and quantitative customer data to inform research and design activities.
· Conduct and participate in ideation and collaborative workshops as required.
· Translate research findings into design recommendations and communicate results to interdisciplinary project teams.
· Communicate findings and recommendations verbally and via documentation; excellent verbal and written skills required.
· Present findings to business owners, key stakeholders, senior executives, development teams and other UX team members. Manage open and timely communication with internal stakeholders.
· Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in user experience research and apply this to projects.
What sets our client’s User Experience team apart from others? It’s a dynamic team with a diverse culture that embraces the value of strategic design thinking. They function like a research agency and offer a wide array of exposure to multiple business segments in insurance, financial services, and banking. They collaborate with creative talent across all UX disciplines; work in small, collaborative project teams; and a have highly engaging, friendly work environment. The UX team has a seat at the table when clients make strategic decisions; as the researcher, you’ll represent the voice of the customer to assist clients with these decisions.
Our client, a Fortune 100 company based in Columbus, Ohio, is one of the largest and strongest diversified insurance and financial services organizations in the U.S. and is rated A+ by both A.M. Best and Standard & Poor’s. The company provides a full range of insurance and financial services, including auto, commercial, homeowners and life insurance; public and private sector retirement plans, annuities, and mutual funds; banking and mortgages; specialty health; pet, motorcycle, boat, and farm insurance.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed