UX Researcher – Infrastructure Team
Location: Remote (EST)
Anticipated Duration: 3 year perm contract (full benefits offered, potential to convert sooner)
The UX Researcher will be part of a cross functional team focused on helping our business understand customers. Previous experience working within B2B preferred.
Ideal candidates are storytellers, have the ability to give life to customer data with the required training and experience and have the ability to conduct rigorous research across retail channels. This candidate will need to be adept at field- and lab-based human studies and have worked in a research field with examples of projects that have benefited from their research. They are driven by innovation and championing actionable user insights.
UX Researcher Responsibilities:
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30%- Discovery – Identify the problems, users, systems and the business drivers
30%- Definition & Strategy – Turn raw data into insights. Analyze and frame the data into actionable recommendations.
10%- Design – Synthesize insights into concepts and metaphors. Inspire the organization through well-executed visioning.
15%- Delivery – Communicate your insights in ways that minimize the need for curation.
15%- Influence – Energize others to invest in your discoveries.
• Experience with a broad range of products and services: B2B, B2C, consumer and industrial
• Ability to communicate (verbally and graphically), ideas, decisions and reasoning with clarity, confidence and passion.
• Demonstrated experience with multiple research methods, both evaluative and generative.
• Knowledge and experience with UCD, Goal Directed Design or other experience design methods.
• Portfolio illustrating a range of research methods, diversity of projects, and value-driven approaches.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks for each.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate and self-manage complex projects.
• Solid business acumen.
• Research within an Enterprise environment
• Experience with enterprise platform/cloud solutions
• Comfortable & knowledgeable with Agile development process
• 5+ years’ experience UX research
• 2+ years’ of experience in complex multi-discipline team environment
• Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction or Applied Psychology, with 5+ years’ experience in UX research (Web, Enterprise, Application UI, Mobile, Games, Information Visualization) or BA in Design or Interactive Design (IxD) or Social Sciences with 10+ years’ experience.
• Desire to thrive in a fast-moving, highly competitive environment.
• Recognized thought-leader in the UX field through publications, talks and engagements.
• Familiarity with UX prototyping tools
- You are a seasoned UX researcher with multiple tools in your kit. Whether generative or evaluative, you identify and execute on the right protocol for the project. You can describe your work to highly analytical-thinking engineers and analysts as well as synthetic, right-brain thinking designers.
- In addition to your mastery of research protocols, you have a variety of techniques for analyzing raw data. Your analysis is grounded in the social sciences and industry-leading best practices, though you understand that your research informs UX design by helping guide its direction throughout your process. Research is not an end unto itself. You might not consider yourself a “designer,” but you demonstrate skill in synthetic thinking, sketching and you have a “designer’s eye.”
- You enjoy collaborative effort, taking feedback & input to your research proposals as a means of improving the end result. You are as comfortable influencing business leadership as you are product leadership and individual contributors.
If interested in learning more or applying to this position please visit: https://creative.synergishr.com/jobs/
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com/) is a specialized division of Synergis (www.synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis Creative/Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed