Job Title: Sr. UX Designer/Researcher
Duration: 18+ Months – CTH
You’re curious and you constantly ask “Why?”. You take risks in your work and pursue new ideas. You are also a strong proponent of the user.
You want to use your unique gifts to help one of the largest energy companies in the country create a pathway to fight climate change and improve air quality.
You’re a seasoned UX designer that has a history of leading UX research.
Does this sound like you? Read on.
The Digital Accelerator is a group with a mission of innovation, design thinking, and agile project delivery. Working within a startup mentality, our goal is to build user-centric experiences; and to build them quickly.
You’ll be heading the UX charge on a large project, checking in periodically with our UX Lead. You will be helping to empower our field personnel to better fight wildfires by creating the digital tools they need to inspect our equipment.
Design stuff you will be doing …
- Acting as the UX subject matter expert and the voice of the users on the product team
- Communicating conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of the user-centered design process to product teams, clients, and senior decision makers through wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and detailed flow diagrams.
- Leading discussions with the development team and product owner to discuss UX options.
- Participating in agile product development as an integrated part of a scrum team and contributing to Agile user stories.
- Performing heuristic evaluations to determine deviations from UX best practices
- Periodically designing iconography.
- Developing content for the product’s digital adoption platform.
Research stuff you will be doing …
- Planning and leading workshops to gather requirements and evolve designs.
- Interviewing users to understand current processes and pain points.
- Designing and conducting both informal and formal user testing
- Performing on site observation and testing (post-pandemic, when we can safely do so)
Qualifications you need…
- You are a strong proponent of the user and not afraid to speak up.
- You can work flexible hours with offshore and onshore teams as well as with field users.
- You’re adaptable: you realize that sometimes things change, and you can roll with it.
- You know how to manage your time and deliverables.
- You’re familiar with writing user stories within the Agile process.
- You’ve designed and performed usability testing.
- You’re comfortable leading the discussion within a group.
- You love creating intuitive user experiences that meet or exceed the needs of your users.
- You have at least 7 years’ experience solving UX problems and designing web and mobile app experiences.
- You’re skilled in standard design & wireframing tools (e.g., Sketch) and simple prototyping tools (e.g. InVision)
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or the equivalent experience.
Other stuff you should also have …
- Salesforce Lightning design experience and advanced certifications are a plus.
- Initiative: you know how to drive the UX design and research process to get results.
- A keen understanding of high-level artifacts (scenarios, personas, flow diagrams, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can work easily within larger teams
- Collaborative teammate that is happy to share ideas, give and solicit feedback from other designers, support with additional work when required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work under tight timelines
You should know …
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
For immediate consideration, please send an updated resume to April at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed