Position: Sr. UX Designer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 1+ year contract, potential to extend
Rate: $70-75 /Hour, DOE
Our client is searching for a Senior UX Designer to join their team for a 1+ year long contract. You will help define the platform delivering ambient computing in the home — orchestrating cohesive experiences and solutions enabled by whole-home intelligence including hardware, software, and service experiences. You will work closely with a variety of engineering, product management, marketing, and creative teams. You will help customers save energy, money, and the planet. And along the way you will learn a lot about the home, see it all coming into its own and we’re just getting started.
This is a collaborative team of designers, researchers, prototypers, and content writers focused on creating the thoughtful and helpful home experience. This team thinks about the personal and shared experiences people have in their homes. This includes everything from getting and setting up new devices for the first time, to controlling and interacting everyday with a variety of smart home devices in the home, to automation and assistance to help be more comfortable at home.
- Create end-to-end product vertical experiences, with a primary focus in product design and visual systems to use across products — beginning with our Identity & Privacy efforts.
- Build vision pieces showcasing the Identity & Privacy platforms.
- Guide team UX processes and methods to drive collaboration and innovation
- Build strong partnerships with UX research, content strategy, and with cross-functional product management & engineering teams.
- Foster a user-centric and innovative culture across the UX team.
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship to UX team members.
- Plan new experiences through user journeys, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Communicate recommendations, rationalize design decisions and advocate for users’ needs.
- Strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- 6+ years of relevant experience required
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, content strategy) on technical implementation.
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- Proven ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing across platforms and surfaces.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible and beautiful design deliverables
- Degree in HCI, Product Design, or similar college-level education.
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com) is a specialized division of Synergis (synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative's recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities. Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed