Position: Sr. UI Designer (Prototyping + Material Design)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6+ month contract, potential to extend
Our client is searching for a Sr. UI Designer to join their team for a 6+ month contract. This team conducts global research to uncover deep, human-centered insights about people and technology in emerging markets. We are a small, nimble team of researchers, ethnographers and storytellers whose goal is to change the way the client/brand thinks about key populations that are often misunderstood. We are looking for an UI/Interaction Designer who can partner with us to envision and visualize design solutions and concepts for a wide variety of products based on our research insights.
For example, ideating out 10 ways onboarding could be improved based on research insights, helping test those ideations, and advocating for the best performing versions to be adopted by product teams across the brand. An ideal candidate thrives in bringing clarity to ambiguity, values close partnership and ideation with research and holds a true passion for design and working in emerging markets
- Transform foundational research insights into concepts that can be tested in the field (in partnership with UXR), communicate findings with partner teams
- Produce conceptual, clickable prototypes (low-fi or high fi) that are both practical and ambitious.
- Drive product change and develop new product directions rooted in a system-level understanding of the brand's product ecosystem, user insights and business opportunities
- Gather learnings and insights then go to team for design recommendations
- Learn from users for what actions/changes are needed
- Then take the learnings and insights and make changes within the UX design principals
- Design concepts, prototyping to understand how those changes will look/feel/act
- 6+ years of relevant experience required
- A generous team player with excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills when interacting with different audiences, functions, and varying levels of the organization
- Comfort with ambiguity, pivots, and experimentation with a desire/drive to create clarity and structure
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and juggle multiple critical projects simultaneously
- Past experience designing for Emerging Markets or a field that addressed marginalized communities / characteristics (i.e. accessibility, low literacy, low income, etc…)
- End to end knowledge, good to have an understanding of developer constraint
- MUST be able to communicate/present to teams – fully explain rational/changes/etc…
- Comfortable being deeply imbedded in research team
- Comfort quickly ideating multiple design solutions, both MD compliant and futuristic, based on research findings
- Experience prototyping / creating basic clickable prototypes and websites (e.g. with CSS/JS) Strategic and complex systems thinking
- Deep experience conducting human-centered research or design-research, in an industry and/or academic setting.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed