Sr. Manager Communications PR
Newark, NJ (Telecommute; local to NY/NJ)
8 month contract (benefits offered on W2)
Our client is seeking an exceptionally bright, judicious, articulate, well-connected individual for the temporary role of Senior Manager, Consumer PR. This position will report to the Senior Director, Consumer Public Relations within the office of the CEO and brings daily interaction with senior executives and the media.
This role requires an understanding of the evolving digital media landscape and changing consumer appetites, superior communication and presentation skills (both written and oral), public relations know-how, passion and enthusiasm for our disruptive, high-energy technology-driven culture, its innovative audio entertainment, and its commitment to Newark’s revitalization.
The successful candidate will be able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround. The ideal candidate has pre-existing strong connections with members of the media and within the creative community, is able to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the organization. They must have the ability to pivot quickly based on business needs without compromising quality of work or speed.
Major Job Responsibilities:
· Build positive awareness around content initiatives, events, brand image efforts and more; promote and amplify our offerings through frequent positive media coverage in consumer and trade media outlets
· Develop and execute strategic PR campaigns with emphasis on our original content slate (which includes audiobooks, podcasts, eclectic audio entertainment, theater, etc.)
· Develop and maintain high-level relationships with key media in the entertainment, tech, music, theater, publishing, lifestyle and news categories across print, digital and broadcast media, and in business and tech categories
· Conceptualize and research creative PR outreach strategies and campaigns
· Pitch editorial content with a focus on features and proactively manage media relations
· Promote overall business initiatives and communications goals of our company
· Ensure message pull through and KPIs for our communications goals
· Operate as our brand's communications liaison by establishing and maintaining relationships across the company to ensure every PR opportunity is maximized and successes are amplified
· Conceptualize and develop written materials, including press releases, briefing materials, pitch letters FAQs, Q&As and other supporting documents
· Work closely with high profile talent and their representation to secure involvement in the promotion of their our company's projects
· Pick up projects mid-stream and effectively communicate the campaign progress back to colleagues upon the completion of the temporary position
Knowledge and Key Skills/Education and Experience:
· College degree in social sciences or humanities required
· 7 – 10 years of work experience in a PR capacity, with a preference for in-house experience on a public relations/communications team
· Extensive public relations, talent relations and/or events experience
· Knowledge of the entertainment industry and/or experience therein
· Pre-existing strong media and entertainment industry relationships
· Understands and/or has experience promoting some or all of these areas: TV/Film, Audio, Tech, Publishing, Theater and Music
· Thorough understanding of how to effectively promote content and formulate thoughtful communication plans
· Proven ability to manage confidential information and facilitate the release of the embargoed content with media partners
· Strong collaborator and is able to work successfully in a team environment
· Ability to plan and coordinate PR campaigns from strategic conception to execution—should have superior organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to think innovatively and creatively, and quickly change course if necessary, to achieve desired results
· Written communication—exceptional writing skills, strong line-editing, copyediting and proofreading skills, varies writing style to meet needs, presents numerical data effectively
· Oral communication—speaks clearly and persuasively; possesses ability to engage others; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; actively participates in meetings
· Strategic thinking – the ability to simultaneously focus on holistic thinking and tactical results
· Research skills—ability to synthesize information from multiple sources, present evaluations and summarize key findings precisely and succinctly
· Technical skills—strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint ability
· Passion for our core mission to improve lives through storytelling, the company’s commitment to urban revitalization and its disruptive, technology-driven culture
If interested in learning more or applying to this position please visit: https://creative.synergishr.com/jobs/
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com/) is a specialized division of Synergis (www.synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis Creative/Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed