Social Media Coordinator
Remote start – must be local to Newark, NJ
6+ month contract with potential to extend (full medical, dental, and vision benefits offered)
The Social Media team is looking for a coordinator to support the execution of social marketing content, campaigns and assist with community management strategy. The coordinator will be responsible for scheduling and tagging outbound posts across all channels, publishing in real-time on specific social media platforms. This position will also support regular social media content operations across our team, including but not limited to, supporting campaigns, updating creative social asset templates, and other ad-hoc projects.
We are looking for a detail-driven individual with robust organizational skills, who derives satisfaction from building and running a well-oiled machine. This person will also be responsible for adjusting promotional copy for social media, in a way that is social-first and also easy-to-understand for the end consumer. The ideal candidate has an insatiable appetite for understanding the constantly evolving social media landscape and its corresponding native customer behaviors. And of course, those with a preference for audio entertainment who’s curious about everything — would be a great addition to our team. This position will report to the Sr. Manager of Social Media.
Social Media Calendar Management
- In alignment with the Sr. Manager of Social Media, responsible for updating overall social media content calendar , including merchandising promotional assets, in partnership with both internal teams and external agencies.
- Maintain an overall cultural content calendar to flag key moments, key dates, cultural themed months, etc. and incorporate that data into the overall social media content calendar.
- Develop a library/catalog of social media creative assets that can be slated in appropriate and timely calendar moments and raise opportunities for incorporating various social assets into overall calendar to Sr. Manager of Social Media.
Social Media Publishing and Platform Management
- Schedule and publish all posts via appropriate queues in Sprinklr and natively on owned organic social media accounts, ensuring final copy editing and proofreading before publishing. Also responsible for adding appropriate post architecture, such as alt-captions, link in bio tagging, appropriate handle tagging, etc.
- Master third-party tools (Sprinklr, Dash Hudson) and native platform publishing
Social Media Strategy and Internal Support
- Contribute to social media content strategy by suggesting post ideas, themes, and real-time opportunities
- Identify, secure, and leverage user-generated content for use by the brand in partnership with external agencies and provide internal documentation support
- Suggest talent follows from brand channels to Sr. Manager Social Media for sign off
- Some development of social-first creative assets, contributing to creative direction and social copywriting, and trafficking deliverables from ideation to hand-off.
- Strong organizational and project coordination skills
- Previous experience with social media management required
- Proficiency in third-party social media tools like Sprinklr, as well as proficiency with native social tools (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) required
- Understanding of social networks’ best practices – design, functionality, users (best time to post, tagging influencers, character limit) – across multiple social channels
- Strong written communication, grammar, and copyediting skills, particularly within the social media arena
- Some creative design skills needed for editing templates, etc. in Adobe Suite
- Team player with a passion to work closely with others while maintaining an entrepreneurial, self-starter spirit
- Problem-solver who finds joy in developing systems that increase efficiency
- Passion for social media, books, and storytelling
Apply directly through our website, or if interested, please send your resume and contact information to Jenna Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed