Senior Research Analyst – Content Research
Remote, will move to a hybrid schedule near Newark, NJ next year
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to make an immediate impact in the Global Content Research team. We partner with content leaders, producers, and marketers across all marketplaces who are dedicated to creating & acquiring spoken-word content. In addition, the Content Research team works closely with other data teams (Business Intelligence, Data Science, Market Research) to help leverage our understanding of ‘what’ we know customers do and to help illuminate the ‘why’ through an array of research methodologies.
The Content Research team needs an independent, analytical self-starter to fulfil a key support role in scaling our efforts to help guide the US Content & Marketing teams to identify the most compelling ideas for new titles and identify the talent and IP’s we should partner with. This candidate is expected to represent the ‘voice of the customer’ in meetings and guide the business to create compelling research studies that help guide the business to the best and most impactful titles for our members.
The desired candidate will be expected to display sharp problem solving skills and have a proven track-record of compiling data and building a compelling storyline to help teams make data-guided decisions. In addition, their passion and expertise of online survey platforms, 3rd-party tools, and research methodologies will help ensure that when we design research studies to answer key business questions, we are constantly striving for the best mix of data to create both impact across the business, as well as steer towards and anticipate consumer needs and interests.
- Field and administer online surveys for ‘content testing’ & talent/IP evaluation to guide the business to better understand the consumer needs and appetite for spoken-word content
- Set-up surveys, analyze data, prepare reports, and present results that synthesize survey data & listening data to help ensure the voice of the customer is infused across all Audible offerings
- To share panel management responsibilities for online customer panel and to help create a consistently enjoyable and rewarding customer-centric survey experience
- Develop a deep understanding of business drivers and a grasp of business metric definitions
- Leverage reporting knowledge to extract targeted datasets from survey data and listening data and to distil insights into the business and build clear communications to business decision-makers
- Be the point-person to build out and lead processes around survey design and integrating other datasets to create a compelling picture that guides the business to make customer-centric decisions for Content.
- Guide the development of standard deliverables that we can scale across all marketplace teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, or similar
- Passion for customer insight and analysis and imagining ways to integrate 1st and 3rd party data sources
- Building strong research, analytical/decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts and ideas in a non-technical, simple manner across all levels of the organization
- Resourceful self-starter with an independent attitude, focus on excellence, and attention to detail
- Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment
- Solid organizational and project management skills are also required along with the ability to work with cross functional teams under aggressive deadlines
- Experience with online survey platforms, and developing skillsets with statistical analysis, and business intelligence tools
- Working knowledge of SPSS, Excel, and basic knowledge of SQL and Business Intelligence tools
- 3-5 years’ experience
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed