Senior Manager, Content Strategy
Remote – must be local to Newark, NJ
6 month contract with potential to extend (full medical, dental, and vision benefits offered)
This role sits within the Content Strategy team and is a core part of the larger Strategic Initiatives group dedicated to unleashing the power of the spoken word through our content. We use both qualitative and quantitative methods to identify strategic, content-driven opportunities to provide a differentiated offering that delights our customers. In Content Strategy, we develop and execute the plans needed to make those content opportunities a reality by building and executing the long-term vision for the content we develop, produce, and acquire. We provide the strategic frameworks that deal makers and creatives across the globe need to move fast to make it real. We seek individuals who are passionate about the evolving audio entertainment landscape and want to be part of defining the future. We’re looking for an analytical and creative thinker, with the ability to ask the right questions and develop a point of view that will influence decisions.
- A data-driven strategist who will readily abandon closely held-ideas in favor of stronger evidence — constantly iterating to make our content better.
- A visionary who is passionate about figuring out what the future looks like, with a relentless focus on creating and improving customer value.
- A digital media maven and rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er” paired with a strong aptitude for understanding of content strategy.
- An exceptional communicator with a knack for making complex topics simple, in writing, and evangelizing and inspiring people at all levels of the organization based on a shared vision.
- A creative thinker who has an exceptional ability to balance creativity with strong business judgment and analytical skills.
- A hands-on multitasker who can quickly change focus and balance the needs of the moment with longer-term goals with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity.
- Resilient with positive attitude – even the stiffest challenges are possible with the right amount of creativity, good judgment, and hard work. Exhibit strong integrity and ability to follow through on commitments and deadlines.
- Support the development of our global royalty strategy to enable new business models and deploy customer offerings that grow the selection of quality, highly engaging content.
- Assess the impact of royalty and pricing strategies on the business: Quantify the impact of different royalty and pricing structures on customers and creators; and drive strategic decision-making that aligns content strategy with cost-efficient economics and an enhanced customer and creator experience.
- Partner cross-functionally with, among others:
- Internal Content Acquisition and Content Operations to guide decisions around content acquisition and rights management.
- Content Partnerships, Publisher Relations and PR to represent – and work on behalf of – creators on creative, mutually beneficial partnership and distribution strategies.
- Strategy, Corporate Development, International and Finance to project the long-term financial implications of royalty and pricing strategies.
- Publisher Relations, Legal, Accounting and International to evolve title-level pricing strategies that benefit customers, creators and our company.
- Support the development of enhanced customer offerings by creating monetization plans and royalty strategies to support and pay creators.
- Deploy revenue optimization strategies for the catalog (title-specific transactions) to improve outcomes for customers, creators and our company.
- Support the development of our long-term content strategy in lock step with the company’s overall business strategy. Drive forward using constant iteration, data analysis, market research and cross-functional communication.
- Work with content team members to translate our strategy to short-term goals and priorities.
- Support the development of global programming strategies that drive long-term customer value while maximizing value for creators.
- Support with management and oversight of our global portfolio of content to ensure we have the right content for our current and future customers.
- Bring a data-driven mentality to content development. Help evolve the global content lifecycle and influence team operations to ensure data and insight drive our content investment decisions.
- Evaluate innovation opportunities and lead emerging category initiatives that tie our customer strategy to our content pipeline.
- 5-7+ years of relevant professional experience in strategy consulting, business development and/or content strategy in digital media, preferably with royalties or licensing experience.
- Proven track record leading complex, cross-functional teams and/or projects through strategic influence (without direct managerial authority).
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex, analytically-driven projects among global and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work seamlessly with a variety of personalities and functional disciplines.
- Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills. Experience and comfort around using quantitative data and metrics to communicate ideas.
- Deep understanding of and interest in digital media content, specifically consumer tech and on-demand streaming.
- Self-starter capable of taking initiative and working with minimal direction. Strong comfort with ambiguity.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills (with technical and non-technical teams).
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Math or related fields.
- Understanding of royalty strategies and structures for on-demand streaming media.
- Revenue optimization or pricing strategy experience a plus.
- Knowledge of creator-facing strategy and communications dynamics for streaming media and entertainment.
- Experience negotiating license or business development agreements.
- Prior hands-on experience in the areas of strategic and/or financial planning and strategy execution, in a global capacity.
- Experience working closely with global product teams on creator-facing tools and reporting structures.
Apply directly through our website, or if interested, please send your resume and contact information to Jenna Carpenter at email@example.com.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed