Title: Researcher (Mixed Methodologies)
Location: Mountain View
Duration: 12+ months
Our client is searching for a mixed methodologies Researcher to join their team for a 12+ month contract. In this role, you will lead end-to-end research that informs APE product/process strategy and design. You will navigate ambiguity and bring expertise in research practices across all phases of a product/process life-cycle. You understand how to reflect and incorporate business and technical constraints and are effective at cross-functional collaboration. We are looking for a passionate and experienced researcher who is a pro at observing user behavior and distilling insights. You are adept at presenting findings concisely, effectively, and keeping a wide variety of stakeholders engaged.
- Lead the Android Partner Research effort and manage research on multiple aspects of our partners’ engineering user experiences as they work with Google to launch Android powered devices.
- Work with technical solutions consultants, software engineers and product managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to conduct research and/or validate concepts.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative user research and collect and analyze behavior.
- Consult on survey design and quantitative research approaches.
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional team; ability to communicate conceptual ideas effectively.
Top 4 Daily Responsibilities:
- Manage and improve the Android Partner Research biannual survey program and administer questionnaires and surveys
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research; take inputs/requirements from multiple stakeholders across different organizations
- Analyze and interpret both qualitative and quantitative data
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research and communicate research findings to diverse audiences
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- NICE TO HAVE: MA/MS or PhD in Anthropology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in an applied research setting
- Experience with survey based research efforts
- Interest in general research and/or user research methods
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize time across multiple projects and flexibility adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- Extensive experience leading large survey based research efforts
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits and/or usability studies either live or remote (e.g. Userzoom or usertesting.com)
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Familiarity with Android smartphones & tablets
- Understanding of experimental design and descriptive statistics
- Some familiarity with scripting or query languages (SQL, R, Perl, etc), PLUS
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed