Quantitative UX Research Assistant
Mountain View, CA
12+ month contract (potential to extend, benefits offered)
*Local candidates preferred (onsite expectations might be requested in the future)
Our store is the online retail destination for hardware and our team is uniquely placed to collaborate with marketing/brand teams as well as product and engineering teams evolving a site already operating in numerous countries. The Store's UX team is co-located with PM, Eng and Retail Marketing in MTV. We are a small close-knit team with a wide remit full of interesting projects.
As a Quantitative UX Research Assistant, you combine skills in experimental design, statistical analysis, programming, and human-computer interaction to improve the user experience. As a key member of a product team, you work with stakeholders across functions and levels. You solve challenging problems and empower the team to move forward by developing metrics, measuring results, and integrating new methodologies into existing systems. You do more than just crunch numbers: through reports and team engagement, you provide a UX perspective on quantitative data to help stakeholders understand their users. Coming up with solutions is only one part of your job. Equally important is to identify and quantify problems, and to embark on new research areas worth exploring through innovative methods. You apply principles of rigorous and ethical research to build and improve products that satisfy users' needs and exceed their expectations.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Define and measure quantitative UX goals and metrics in collaboration with Qualitative UX Researchers, Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and Marketing.
- Examine existing data and product designs to generate hypotheses and plans for high-impact research.
- Prioritize and drive research to improve user experience.
Overall Responsibilities: In addition to the daily responsibilities, you are expected to:
- Develop code and statistical models to understand user experience.
- Communicate findings to stakeholders in the company. Make research findings convincing and actionable for both research experts and non-experts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human-computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2-5 years of experience in an applied research setting
- Solid understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different quantitative research methods
- Experience in a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, Matlab, C++, Java or Go), and with SQL
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Experience with MaxDiffs, Conjoint methods
If interested in learning more or applying to this position please visit: https://creative.synergishr.com/jobs/
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com/) is a specialized division of Synergis (www.synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis Creative/Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed