Position: Production Designer
Location: San Francisco, CA (remote)
Duration: 3+ month contract, potentially to extend!
Rate: $45/hour, DOE
As a mid-level production artist, you’re an expert at production and love to bring both digital and print projects to life with enthusiasm and precision. You are a creative problem solver and have an eagle-eye for the details. With each project, you look for opportunities to deliver with excellence, automate workflows and even learn new skills if that’s what it takes to ensure that our team is delivering the best work possible.
This role requires a strong foundation in design, the drive to carry out a creative vision and the laser-focus to add the right amount of finesse to every asset. As a close-knit creative lab, we love to l augh while also getting a lot done, so bringing a sense of humor is a plus!
- Translate creative and ideas into production-ready deliverables and versions
- Work with mechanical die-lines for big-box retail POP, packaging, and tradeshows
- Assist designers with creating comps + mockups for campaign concepts
- Provide on-set retouching during in-house photoshoots as needed
- Retouch lifestyle imagery for use in comps, digital and print artwork
- Create master files for renders and save out in various sizes
- Prepare and package files for final release (check size, bleed, colors, resolution, etc.)
- Assist with naming, converting, processing files
- Create PDFs for client review
- Troubleshoot production problems as they arise with designers and printers
- Maintain familiarity with client brand guidelines
- Be a role model and mentor to other members of the production/creative department
- Self-start solutions that improve the production process for our team
- 3 – 7 years of experience, preferably within an agency (number of years flexible)
- Advanced expertise in Adobe Creative Suite + understanding of Sketch and InVision
- Expertise in exporting, delivery, and versioning for digital + print
- Solid photo retouching skills (color correction, retouching, compositing)
- Experience creating practical lighting looks for photographic comps is a plus!
- Experience building for POP, signage, and other printed materials
- Ability to bring creative solutions to the table, even if it requires research
- Ability to juggle multiple job responsibilities and deadlines expeditiously
- Always learning and keeping up with trends
- San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed