Full Time – Direct Hire
Product Owner Job Description:
The MarTech Product Owner is responsible for supporting the product management lifecycle for the marketing technology portfolio. This individual works closely with the Senior MarTech Product Manager to discover, design, and develop frictionless customer experiences that work to leverage technology to better market to our consumers and communicate with our team members, supporting the end goal of making both groups lives’ simpler and more enjoyable.
Product Owner Responsibilities:
- Leads the agile team’s priorities and updates in daily standups, sprint planning, and other agile ceremonies; working in collaboration with marketing managers, user experience design, & a variety of technology partners.
- Develops deep understanding of the target user, the end-to-end customer experience, the product vision, and success criteria for the product portfolio.
- Partners with marketing stakeholders to understand and influence product strategy and roadmaps, aggregate and conceive ideas for enhancing product performance and achieving product success/KPIs.
- Leads Agile backlog grooming sessions by presenting upcoming features to our development team. Partners with solution architects and other technical leads to ensure their solutions effectively address marketing’s product and program priorities.
- Collaborates with IS and business stakeholders to lead requirements gathering, determine features, and write user stories for MarTech products that include acceptance criteria and acceptance tests. Participates in team demo with the primary responsibility of reviewing and business acceptance.
- Builds and maintains a prioritized product backlog, with input from marketing managers, IS, and other business stakeholders. Can effectively communicate prioritization decisions and the agile process to various teams.
- Spokesperson of business strategy to our development teams. Highly available to technical team during development sprints in order to answer real-time questions and provide clarity to user stories or remove roadblocks.
- Partners with scrum teams on rollout and post-production support.
- Reviews analysis and performance monitoring for specified products. Supports problem resolution, resolves issues and acts on feedback and usage of in-life products. Contributes to product collateral and monitors results and feedback from product launches.
Product Owner Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University required; Advanced degree or professional certifications preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience in managing digital products; minimum of 2 years focused on (product) development and/or product marketing
- Expertise in understanding and analyzing consumer market research results, product usage analytics, and user feedback
- Experience defining and delivering large-scale digital initiatives including stakeholder management, requirements elicitation, testing and communication planning
- Demonstrated technical acumen and an ability to work with the technology organization to align product and technology roadmaps
- Experience with agile methodology is strongly preferred, TFS software experience is a plus
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed