If you're passionate about helping a Fortune 100 company drive their strategy forward through innovative product development and advancing strategic partnerships to protect customers (and their pets), then the opportunity might be for you!
This role may be hired at the Consultant or Senior Consultant level depending on experience.
Product Manager Job Description Summary:
Are you agile across all stages of product development – initiation, solution design, launch, and ongoing maintenance of products? Can you balance strategy, design, profitability, and growth? If so, then we want to know more about you!
As a Consultant, Product Manager, you’ll be a member of a cross-functional team, identifying strategically attractive opportunities for commercialization and delivering opportunity assessments that balance desirability, feasibility, and viability. You will coordinate research and concept design and, under the direction of your Team Lead, shepherd the opportunity through build and incubate. You will make recommendations and influence decision making on feature set, scope, go-to-market plans, pricing and design features. Throughout the entire innovation process, you will coordinate across the enterprise, including technology and design resources as well as Legal, Compliance and Marketing.
Product Manager Overview:
- This product manager works closely with a small & nimble team exploring new product opportunities related to the overlap of Health & Finances within the Innovation and Digital Team
- This product manager supports the creation of the strategy, roadmap, and requirements with a cross-functional team of researchers, engineers, designers, business development, and partner managers. Successful candidates will make key recommendations regarding feature set, scope, go to market plans, pricing, and design features; and will bring solutions to life.
- The product manager will help to promote key initiatives that address product strategy and growth objectives.
- All candidates should have experience in delivering new solutions to market and/or managing in-market solutions, with P&L responsibility. Seeking candidates with experience defining testing parameters in running experiments related to the development of new product(s). Resilience, drive, a self-starter attitude, and a problem-solving orientation are crucial for this role.
- A knowledge of financial services and/or insurance is preferred; health care experience, entrepreneurial or start up experience is also a plus.
- The Innovation and Digital team focuses on identifying and driving growth opportunities that are strategically aligned, customer centric, and leverage our capabilities. The Enterprise Innovation team works in close partnership with the Corporate Strategy, NF and P&C business units but also have the mandate to develop new business opportunities outside of current core areas.
- The Innovation and Digital Team is part of our company’s Corporate Strategy and Development Division which also includes Strategic Partnerships, Venture, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Product Manager Responsibilities:
· Contributes to the identification of strategically attractive opportunities in partnership with cross-functional team.
· Supports the development of simple, and intuitive solutions.
· Provides opportunity assessment, balancing desirability, feasibility, viability, in collaboration with the business lead.
· Manages research, concept design and execution.
· Leads the overall pitch and adds to the opportunity business case.
· Develops product/feature strategy, roadmap and requirements with a cross-functional team, including technology, designers, business development and partner managers.
· Recommends appropriate metrics and is responsible for reporting on the offering. Uses metrics to deep-dive into issues and uncover business-driving trends and patterns. In collaboration with the team, recommends appropriate course corrections.
· Helps prioritize initiatives and work across teams to drive value for our company.
· Communicates frequently and clearly with other teams and leaders.
Product Manager Typical Skills And Experience:
Education: Undergraduate degree, MBA preferred.
Experience: Generally, five to seven years of customer-facing consumer or business product development and product management experience, including defining, launching, and/or optimizing products and services. Experience with either front-end (explore and design) or back-end (build and commercial launch / incubate) for customer-facing products
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Proven general knowledge of product development and lifecycle management processes, the ability to execute methodically, and deep customer empathy and curiosity that’s paired with knowledge in how to capture and synthesize consumer needs. Outstanding written and verbal communication. Demonstrated experience in analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Overtime Eligibility: Exempt (Not eligible)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountability of this job, a valid credit and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process
Safety Sensitive: This job has been identified as a Safety Sensitive (SS) position and in accordance with our substance free work place program may be subject to random alcohol and other drug testing.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed