Atlanta, GA (candidates must be local)
Our client is looking for a seasoned, holistic-minded product designer to join their design team, who is responsible for both merchants’ and their customers’ experience in transacting with one another. You’ll have the opportunities to create experience that spans multiple platforms, from web, specific company devices, to mobile applications.
In this role, you’ll work on real-world challenges faced by a diverse set of user types and needs, ranging from Michelin-starred restaurants to contractors on-the-go. Their highly collaborative, agile approach means you’ll be hands-on doing user research, analysis, and ongoing iteration of the experience. You’ll take ideas all the way from the whiteboard to finished products.
As a Product Designer, you will have the following skills:
Experience- You have a portfolio of elegant design that marries form and function. Iterations on your own work, based on user research and analytics, are a must.
Collaboration- You know that the best things are made together. You’re not just open to feedback from your colleagues, you actively seek it out.
Communication- You can articulate the reasons behind your process and your decisions, in words and pictures.
Flexibility- You’re open to feedback and actively seeking them. You work with engineer’s, product managers, and other stakeholders to make the experience a reality.
Curiosity- You bring a broad range of research, ideation, and prototyping methods to the table, and a desire to learn new approaches from your colleagues. If you don’t know something, you’re willing to find out.
Integrity- You do this work because you love it. Good design determines how products feel and how they work, and you’ll go the extra mile to get it right.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 4+ years’ experience designing digital experiences in a fast-moving, cross-functional design and development team.
- Familiarity with a range of design methods, from lightweight research, user journey mapping, prototyping, wireframes, and visual design.
- Proficiency in whatever tools you use to create and communicate, and willingness to adapt to new tools (we use Sketch and Adobe).
- The confidence to stand up for your informed point of view, and the humility to adjust it with new information.
- The ability to bring stakeholders together to move projects forward.
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable design discipline.
- Experience working with small businesses and consumer applications.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed