Producer, Unscripted Original Content
8+ month contract with potential to extend (full medical, dental, and vision benefits offered)
100 % remote
To support our existing and growing Canada Original podcast program, we are looking for an experienced, editorially proven and well-connected producer to join our team, focused on ambitious podcast content programming. This producer will be part of our vision for original content development and production – a vision which will be driven by extensive program development and piloting in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate is likely to have extensive experience as a Producer or Executive Producer, preferably specializing in audio production. Ideally, they will have previously launched and managed multiple high profile series (podcast, radio, television etc.) in the factual entertainment or entertainment space. They will have editorial vision, creative flair, extensive production experience, a desire to raise standards at all times and a track record of success.
Specifically, they will be working with third party producers, as well as internal and external partners, to lead on the delivery of high profile, high quality programming. The producer will be expected to work with all stakeholders to build each show’s distinct identity and deliver on its success.
They will build successful relationships with talent, producers, and commercial partners and provide editorial scope and guidance for the program. They will help to shape production standards and best practices. They will set high creative ambitions and have a low tolerance for mediocrity. They will be customer obsessed, and work tirelessly not just to meet listeners’ expectations but to exceed them at all times.
- Project manage the development, launch and delivery of a slate of Canada Original podcasts
- Communicate and align with in-house Production Manager, Business Affairs, Studios, and wider teams, as well as external teams in North American and Europe
- Provide notes, script editing and other development/production support for all third party production partners
- Manage key talent and third party producer relationships as required
- Ability to respond to production sensitive deadlines/demands, quick turnarounds and partner requirements in a timely, proactive and effective manner
- Ensure timely and appropriate responses to third party submissions/enquiries/contributors, in order to protect and build our industry/creative community reputation
- Work closely with internal teams on budget development, marketing and merchandising strategies, promotional campaigns and utilization of our in-house production resources
- Work closely with other members of the Original Content team and contribute to the wider content strategy
- Manage overall production budget and compliance process across projects for which they’re responsible
- Maintain high editorial standards in their output at all times
- A strong understanding of podcasting, audio or entertainment formats, particular with a focus on Canadian content trends and their global potential
- Experience in content development, project management, commissioning and/or audio production, ideally with significant experience with Canadian content-makers, talent and agents
- An extensive network of relationships in terms of writers, agents, producers, directors, sound designers, musicians, rights owners etc.
- Proven development/writing/production/editing skills
- A solid knowledge and/or understanding of digital storytelling trends and factual/entertainment programming techniques
- Thorough understanding of compliance and health and safety guidelines as applied to productions
- Impeccable people skills, both in terms of maintaining internal relationships and fostering external ones
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 5 years experience
- A working knowledge of French and an ability to consult on Quebec-focused French podcasts
- Ability to interpret and apply audience insights, research and listening data
- An understanding of digital content services (either download to own and/or streaming) within the Canadian content landscape, inclusive of French Canada
- Ability to record, edit, mix and process digital tape (ProTools/Adobe Audition/or similar experience in other proprietary audio editing software advantageous)
Apply directly through our website, or if interested, please send your resume and contact information to Jenna Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed