Title: Operations Project Coordinator II
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 12+ Months (medical, dental, vision benefits offered)
Our client is seeking a Coordinator to assist with the launch and execution of the Startups Program, which seeks to enable a diverse, innovative and sustainable ecosystem for high-quality, digitally native news.
The Program will build on the work of Project Oasis and the Startups Lab and, in particular, is committed to supporting entrepreneurs who will address news deserts and/or communities typically underrepresented in their local media.
If you hold a deep interest in entrepreneurial journalism, as well as a passion for enabling the success of
high-quality digital news organizations, then we want to hear from you.
- Leverage your digital news industry expertise to shape and deploy impactful programming and resources to the global entrepreneurial journalism community
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Ensure global operational excellence for the Program by leading on critical day-to-day processes incl. budgeting, communications, contracting and reporting
- Develop program impact and success metrics, and actively track and report on progress
- Design and lead program application communications and processes
- At least 5+ years first-hand entrepreneurial journalism experience, i.e. either founded or worked for an emerging news organization
- Deep knowledge of the digital news ecosystem, including a clear understanding of the challenges faced by emerging news organizations
- Demonstrated project management excellence, including the ability to lead a project and project stakeholders through all stages from conception through completion
Nice to have Skills (not required):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to navigate complex internal organizational structures
- CAPM / PMP or similar project management / Lean certification
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com) is a specialized division of Synergis (www.synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative's recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis Creative is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed