Mobility Communications Manager
Remote (local to Atlanta, GA preferred)
6 month contract (will extend/convert)
We are looking for a contractor to manage communications specifically tied to mergers and acquisitions (M&A). This position is key to ensuring consistent internal and external communications.
The Communications Manager will partner with the internal and external communications teams to create and execute strategies and messages related to M&A and integrations. This individual will also partner with integration management teams, including Change Management and People Solutions to align with the overall strategy and plan execution.
This role requires a track record of building/designing communications strategy and execution expertise, specifically related to M&A and integration efforts. The ideal candidate is someone proven to be:
- Excellent writer and storyteller with sharp editing skills.
- Project manager and problem solver with ability to manage multiple priorities and keep numerous projects on track.
- Passionate team player ability to partner well with multiple colleagues in a matrix work environment.
- Action-oriented with the ability to work efficiently and undertake responsibility with minimal guidance.
- Create and implement internal/external communications strategies for M&A announcements and employee integrations, collaborating and partnering with other departments to deliver integrated and comprehensive communication plans.
- Create and manage comprehensive communications calendar in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Create and edit internal and external messaging, such as leader emails, business updates, talking points, press releases, pitches and client talking points. This will include crafting messages and writing communications that are detailed, accurate and concise, and tailored to the author, channel and audience. Write in a variety of styles and formats and develop engaging content.
- Collaborate with Change Management, Human Resources and Marketing as key partners and incorporate input in communications plans.
- At least 7 years of progressive communications experience in public relations, employee, internal and/or corporate communications in matrixed corporate environments. Automotive and/or merger and acquisition experience, specifically with employee integration is a strong plus.
- Superior writing skills. Detailed, accurate, concise and tailored to the author, vehicle and audience. Writes in a variety of styles for a variety of formats in a way that is engaging, grammatically correct and appropriate. Can support executives in writing copy that captures their personality and leadership style. Can quickly and sensitively edit other people’s writing for a variety of formats.
- Ability to demonstrate value. Experience building in measurement components into communication plans, reporting on results and using data to adjust plans as needed.
- Exceptional customer relationship, consulting and strategic communication experience. Seen as a credible businessperson who uses his/her communications expertise to help solve business problems. Talks the language of business with stakeholders, rather than the language of communication. Recognized as having an important contribution to business planning and performance.
- Strong business acumen. Proven ability to understand business strategy, targets and performance objectives and shape communication strategies, plans and materials to deliver high quality communications with positive measured results. Able to analyze complex business challenges and scenarios and formulate communication solutions. Maintains a good understanding of audience needs and issues.
- Degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field
- Advanced degree a plus
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed