Remote – Newark, NJ
9 month contract with potential to extend
The Content Coordinator works as part of a team that accurately edits and maintains product information elements (metadata) for all products. They focus on ensuring completeness, accuracy, and suitability of all metadata. The Content Coordinator is an energetic and creative troubleshooter and self-starter who works with a wide variety of people regarding all issues related to content. Previous proofreading and/or copyediting experience is required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Queue management: This role supports the production queue for internal and external providers of short-form and podcast content. This consists of gathering all elements needed to produce a product from providers, prioritizing products in the production workflow based on input from providers as well as Content, Marketing, and Merchandising teams, and tracking titles to make sure they get through the production queue on time. This requires daily review, maintenance, and communication. The Content Coordinator troubleshoots issues with internal and external providers, the Audio and Image Production teams, and the Publishing Tools teams to ensure timely release.
- Catalog maintenance: This role makes and tracks changes, updates, and fixes to key elements of product records after first publish.
- Image support: This role provides support to the Studios Content Coordinator in the image clearance space. All image rights and files are cleared and obtained from the original publishers and/or rightsholders prior to product processing. If applicable, the Content Coordinator works with the Image Production team on the creation of in-house cover art.
Candidate should be:
- An avid consumer of online media, including books (audio and print), podcasts, and other digital content sources.
- A highly organized, detail-oriented manager of projects with impeccable organizational and analytical skills.
- A confident and upbeat communicator via written and verbal business communication skills.
- Able to thrive in a high-energy, entrepreneurial environment.
- B.A., B.S., or equivalent degree, preferably in the humanities
- Minimum one year professional proofreading and/or copyediting experience
- Minimum one year editorial or operations experience working in a podcast publishing environment
- Familiarity with SEO, social media, and web-based research tools
- Technical proficiency in Windows operating environment
- Fluency in Outlook, Excel, and MS Word
- Working knowledge of database concepts (including Excel skills) and best practices
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and problem solving skills in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Demonstrated effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated focused attention to detail
- Highly organized
Apply directly through our website, or if interested, please send your resume and contact information to Jenna Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed