Lead Product Designer
Atlanta, GA (candidates must be local)
Our client was founded to deliver more to the small and medium-sized businesses that rely on easy-to-use software and beautifully designed hardware. Their open-source Point of Sale system fosters a seamless merchant-customer interaction, creates an exceptional customer experience, and allows merchants to run their businesses at maximum efficiency.
Our client is looking for a seasoned, holistic-minded lead product designer to join their Core Systems design team.
The Core Systems team is responsible for the threads that run across the company’s platform and throughout the merchant and customer experience — including activation, service, engagement, accessibility, and compliance. You’ll solve real-world problems by applying your expertise in service design, visual communication, information architecture, prototyping, and end-user interface design. You’ll work closely with product managers, engineers, user researchers, content designers, and other product designers to create, test, and iterate on solutions that allow our merchants, cashiers, customers, support agents, and partners to communicate and thrive.
Their highly collaborative, agile approach means you’ll be hands-on through user research, analysis, and ongoing iterative improvements. No assembly lines here — you’ll take ideas all the way from the whiteboard to finished interface.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Experience. You have a portfolio of elegant interface design that marries form and function. Iterations on your own work, based on user research and analytics, are a huge plus.
Collaboration. You know that the best things are made together. You’re not just open to feedback from your colleagues, you actively seek it out. You know how to complement your own strengths with others’.
Communication. You can articulate the reasons behind your process and your decisions, in words and pictures. Your designs come to life through immaculate specs and prototypes.
Flexibility. You know that design is only as good as what can be produced — you volley with engineers and product managers to design experiences that are feasible and in scope.
Curiosity. You bring a broad range of research, ideation, and prototyping methods to the table, and a desire to learn new approaches from your colleagues. If you don’t know something about who you’re designing for, you’re willing to find out.
Integrity. You do it because you love it, and because you love to get things right. Good design determines how products feel and how they work, and you’ll go the extra mile to get it right.
- 8+ years’ experience in designing digital products and services
- 3+ years’ experience mentoring designers to do their very best work
- A natural ability to connect the dots across organizational silos, to ensure a seamless user experience between your efforts and other areas of product
- A portfolio of digital products that are a joy to use because every decision is deeply grounded in solving user needs
- Experience designing for the entire user journey, helping your users understand, use, and transition out of your product
- Familiarity with a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods and how to incorporate them into a fast-moving process
- Strong presentation, advocacy, and storytelling skills
- Willingness to travel
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced degree in Design or a related discipline
- Experience creating products for small businesses
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed