Job Title: Instructional Designer
Duration: 18 months
Demonstrated ability to communicate both technical and non-technical material in an readily understandable manner. Primary responsibilities include coordinating, planning, developing, implementing, and assessing training programs and services as follows:
- Coordinate activities associated with delivery of learning curriculum from needs assessment through concept, pilot, implementation and evaluation.
- Provide administrative support to key offerings associated with the corporate workforce development initiative.
- Foster key relationships with HR, TAI, managers, leaders, and senior leaders corporate wide to collaboratively assess and support workforce development.
- Schedule courses; establish/maintain relationships with internal SMEs and external vendors; meet and support SMEs/Vendors on the day of course offerings; assist participants.
- Provide detailed operational and logistic support to OE training functions.
- Analyze course effectiveness based on observations/student feedback; recommend changes.
- Develop blended learning solutions using Adobe, Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, Captivate, Flash, Dreamweaver, Articulate, Presenter, Engage, Quizmaker, SnagIt, web conferencing technology, or similar applications.
- Provide detailed operational and logistical support to OE training and learning functions.
- Prepare, organize, edit course material; ensure compliance with corporate/security standards.
- Ensure sufficient number of course participants by advertising the class as needed.
- Effectively operate classroom technology to support classes, webinars, and meetings.
- Proactively identify, develop and help lead improvements to ensure effective and efficient processes.
- Edit courseware as needed.
- Keep abreast of training industry best practices, along with computing and IT skills, to make recommendations for improvement and apply Aerospace IT.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues, vendors, and procurement.
- Seek opportunities to bring work unit or cross-functional teams together to share information and solve problems.
- May train and mentor others in work process and procedures.
- Review and translate complex IT documentation into initial training requirements.
- Transform complex topics into meaningful and measurable learning programs and content..
- Work with other IDs to complete training analysis, develop design document, create training deliverables (e.g., eLearning, job aids, quick reference guides, PPTs).
- Conduct SME focus groups/meetings to gather information for development
- Strong instructional design ability
- Storyline Articulate
- Ability to meet deadlines and timeline
- Detailed oriented
- Team player
- Ability to digest complex information and conduct research
- Like to learn new information
- Problem solver
- Utility background/experience
- Transmission and Distribution background/experience
- Systems Training experience
- LMS experience
Bachelor's Degree in Education, instructional design, business or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Typically possesses seven or more years of experience developing and/or delivering training.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed