6+ month contract (full benefits offered)
Remote – must be local to Newark, NJ
About the Role
The Executive Assistant (EA) to the General Counsel (GC) is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the senior leadership of one of the world’s fastest growing media, content and tech companies. The EA will be an instrumental piece in helping to make the GC and his/her senior team be the most efficient leaders possible. The EA is responsible for building strong trust and is relied upon for optimization of the time of the GC and their leadership team.
The EA to the GC should have a deep understanding of the organization’s vision, goals, priorities and who’s who, and have the appropriate context to guide decisions around prioritization of the GC’s time and that of his/her team and requirements for meetings. Needs to have the trust and confidence with all of CEO’s Direct Report Team, our global legal team, and the EA community.
The successful EA will have the foresight, nimbleness, and ear to the ground to understand intra-day issues that may come up and disrupt the GC’s schedule, will have the judgement to prioritize and quickly adjust meetings, and will demonstrate the highest level of ownership and follow-through to ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Acts as a trusted partner and assists GC to foster a cohesive and effective work environment.
- Coordinates closely with the Leadership team, Recruiting team and other Executive Assistants within the communities.
- Proactively manages complex calendaring and scheduling to support teams in multiple locations in multiple time zones.
- Ensures GC and leadership team have appropriate materials and context in advance of meetings.
- Assures “right people are in the room” and coordinates agenda items and documents for meetings.
- Helps to build time into the GCs day to attend to tasks and perform important functions outside of meetings.
- Organizes, executes, and assists with global team coordination meetings, all-hands meetings, and off-sites.
- Plans team social events for morale and team building traditions and activities (Activate Caring) to engender a strong organizational and team culture.
- Assures all AV, Chime/VC and computer needs are appropriately planned for in all locations where the GC is working.
- Schedules cost effective air/hotel/ground transportation when company travel is permitted. Creates detailed travel itineraries both domestic and international (including smooth transitions between time zones and travel visa applications).
- Prepares and submits expense reports and other tracking reports as needed in a timely fashion via Workday.
- Tracks and helps drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items to include action items.
- Act as a liaison for direct reports.
- Management of team space, including moves and reconfigurations.
- File records or documents as instructed.
- Manage distribution lists, phone tools changes, employee entry and exits, etc.
- Operates with considerable autonomy and extreme discretion/judgement to work with little direction once objectives and tasks are agreed upon.
- Asserts creativity to determine and new methods to accomplish day to day tasks.
- Resolves complex issues in highly creative and most optimum way possible.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality standards.
- Agile with the ability to accommodate working irregular hours and quickly adjusting to the fast paced, ever changing environment.
- A trusted resource and representative of leadership, with superior judgement and integrity.
- A masterful problem-solver and an organizational force given complex calendaring.
- Resourceful in building relationships across the larger ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of work experience either supporting a senior leader or administratively running a business.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Quip, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills.
Apply directly through our website, or if interested, please send your resume and contact information to Jenna Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed