Enterprise Information Architect
36-month contract with potential to hire (medical, dental & vision benefits offered for enrollment)
Atlanta, GA (candidate must be local or willing to relocate to either sit in the Atlanta or Austin, TX office)
Our client is seeking an Enterprise Information Architect to sit with their Marketing Technology UX team. This consultant will focus on enterprise customer data strategy, data architecture, systems design, technical UX, data modeling and information modeling.
· Guide the development of functional information architecture requirements for Web applications and search, with other team members
· Define, advocate, and apply the best business and user experience best practices at system and UI level
· Develop and maintain current state and future state information architecture artifacts for conceptual, logical, and physical levels of abstraction
· Develop and manage information architecture for search application, map metadata, and controlled vocabularies to deliver focused, relevant information via site search or browse.
· Analyze content and advice users on content and metadata to improve findability of content
· Develop search optimization best practices and strategies
· Analyze search analytics, develop actions to be taken based on user behavior and develop reports showcasing overall statistics and use behavior
· Establish information architecture metrics to analyze user behavior patterns that drive IA and usability improvements to the Intranet and the enterprise in general
· Work with users on responding to inquiries about findability issues
· Troubleshoot findability issues and recommend actions to improve overall findability
· Perform relevancy testing and suggest changes for better results
· Work with users to capture the functional requirements
· Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels
· Identify issues and opportunities for future search and taxonomy growth.
· Work with various stakeholder groups to articulate information requirements and build familiarity with information architecture principles and artifacts
· Create metadata, taxonomy, and search plans and collaborate with other enterprise architecture domains to develop comprehensive solution architectures that include the information perspective
· Experience with search engine mechanisms and functionalities, combined with in-depth knowledge of search logic and results yielded from a query language
· Experience in Office 365 or SharePoint 2016 is highly desirable
· Experience with using metadata, taxonomies, controlled vocabularies, and search standards.
· Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Experience with Visio, web analytics and concept mapping software desirable
· The ability to use charts and graphs to convey core architecture concepts.
· Experience in search services, and a strong understanding and familiarity with controlled vocabularies and the principles and mechanics of effective information management tools including taxonomy formulation, metadata development, navigation design, and enterprise search.
· Ability to balance business requests with users growing needs in the development and growth of taxonomies.
· Direct experience in conducting and documenting user research, including scenarios, use cases, personas, and wireframes.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong customer focus with a demonstrated ability to work seamlessly with business sponsors and technologists
· Excellent research and analysis skills
· Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to speak appropriately to a variety of audiences
· Good communication, influencing, interpersonal and negotiating skills. Adapts the content, style, and tone of communications to the needs of the audience; varies the language and business terms with different customers.
· Ability to think creatively about business problems and to connect research insights to business solutions
· Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and teamwork skills; demonstrated client orientation; sensitive to working in a multicultural environment.
· At least five years of related work experience
· Master’s degree in library, information, or computer science-related field
· Creative problem-solving abilities
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed