Title: Energy Communications Manager
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 12+ Months (medical, dental, vision benefits offered)
Open to candidates within the US but must work West Coast Business hours (most of the time).
As the Energy Communications Manager you will own and lead the global communications narrative and support the strategy and content development for Cloud’s data center energy portfolio and growing energy practice. You will handle integrated communications activities related to our data center energy consumption, ambitious 24/7 carbon-free energy goals, and Cloud energy partnerships.
You’ll work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in one-on-one meetings with key industry opinion formers; develop print and web-based material supporting campaigns; and counter misinformation that might interfere with our business and ability to serve our users.
In addition to communications and media/PR skills, the ideal candidate has a solid handle on energy technologies and trends, operation of the electricity grid, and fundamentals of energy markets as well as a strategic perspective on how our client can drive progress and thought leadership in the energy and sustainability space. We are looking for a great communicator who can turn complex issues into consumer-grade messages both verbally and written.
To succeed here, you will need to be able to combine strategy and creativity with quick-wit and organizational skills to manage multiple projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, while also pitching and building relationships with key journalists, bloggers and commentators. Things happen fast with our client and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player and self-starter who can work cross-functionally and is not afraid to take measured risks and try new things.
- You will work closely with our data center energy and operations teams to lead communications around global energy initiatives.
- Manage communications activities around carbon-free energy agreements, energy partnerships and technology initiatives, and carbon-free energy advocacy.
- Drive an ambitious media/PR program, develop simple — yet high-impact — blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
- Build and execute a compelling thought leadership program including speaking engagements, white papers, bylines, and op-eds focused on our unique approach to 24/7 carbon-free energy.
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with internal teams across the company, and externally with key partners, influencers, and both tech and business press.
- Support (<10% of time) with internal communications, primarily coordinating and aligning with the internal comms team on timing, messaging, and delivery of communications.
BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
8-10 years of relevant PR, media, or communications experience.
Experience leading corporate & policy communications programs
Experience leading energy, environment, and sustainability communications programs
Experience preferred working in a utility-intensive industry (manufacturing, data centers, industrial)
Established relationships with press that cover energy and renewable energy, data centers and data center efficiency, environment, and sustainability
Proven communicator with technical leadership — excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com) is a specialized division of Synergis (www.synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Creative's recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing
space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology
staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match
candidates with incredible opportunities.
Creative is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed