Title: Education Content Writer/Instructional Designer
Location: Remote (United States)
Duration: Contract through end of the year, 2021 (medical, dental, vision benefits offered) (medical, dental, vision benefits offered)
Writing Samples/Portfolio required with resume submittal
Our client seeks to create economic opportunity across the U.S. by providing training and tools to help people grow their skills and careers. They surface the company’s best products, platforms, and programs in a focused effort to help people find new jobs and develop their skills.
Our client believes they can help people without college degrees build skills and find new, higher paying jobs. They are developing additional certificates to help people find entry-level jobs in high growth fields – e.g.,UX designer, data analyst, and project manager.
This work is important now more than ever: As a result of the coronavirus crisis, millions of Americans have lost their jobs, and the economic divide is increasing. In addition, two-thirds of Americans will never get a four-year college degree, and they historically have had more limited career and financial opportunities. Their certificates will aim to help people without four year degrees reskill and find jobs in high-paying, high-growth fields. They are aiming to launch these certs by EOY.
Our client is looking for content writers to develop adult learning content through online formats. You will work closely with program managers, product managers, video specialists, and marketing teams to develop engaging, appropriate, and effective learning experiences for business and policy leaders. As part of the role you will write scripts (for filming) and create/edit educational content about user experience design, data analysis or project management, in relatable ways for beginner learners. Content includes outlines, lesson plans, rubrics, video scripts, closed captions, assessments, marketing/promotional resources, reviewing videos and materials for issues and creating online instructions for adult learners.
Superb writing and editing skills are necessary for this position, along with the ability to learn or upskill on new products and technologies, multitask, locate relevant information online and work within deadlines. This position will involve writing, editing, ideating, compiling, manipulating and paraphrasing content. It requires strong leadership to envision and create new activities, and the project management abilities to follow them through to completion.
- Become familiar with the Cert Learning Framework and Learning objectives.
- Generate certificate curriculum, case studies and other educational materials for adult audiences
- “Remix” existing lessons for different subject areas and topics
- Follow documentation to create subject-specific lessons
- Create supplemental materials like lesson plans, assessments, image illustrations, GIFs, rubrics
- Attend team meetings and 1:1 discussions
- Provide feedback on lessons, supplementary materials, videos, website, etc.
- Participate in usability studies and help aggregate content next-steps based on results from these
- Could also include: writing lesson plans, observing or teaching pilots, aligning content with internal policies
- BA/BS degree or professional equivalent
- A minimum of 2-3 years of defining programs, and designing learning experiences.
- Experience with editorial, copywriting or UX/UI writing, including demonstrated ability to write instructional text.
- Highly collaborative team player; experienced working with product, engineering and UX teams
- Ability to deliver content on time and to specification in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Strong writing, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Comfort and tolerance for ambiguity– willingness to work on problems that aren’t neatly defined.
- Familiarity with and experience using G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.).
- Experience and passion for instructional methodologies, educational tools and techniques, and their appropriate application.
- Experience with teaching/writing user experience design, data analysis or project management educational materials for adult audiences.
- Experience developing educational materials for adult learners.
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com) is a specialized division of Synergis (www.synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative's recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis Creative is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed