Contractor Editorial Generalist, Content
9 month contract with potential to convert or extend (full medical, dental, and vision benefits offered)
Remote – must work EST hours
Our Content team is looking for a smart, passionate, book and podcast-obsessed editor to support the ongoing curation needs of the editorial team. Our members rely on our knowledge and expertise when making listening decisions, and our editorial presence on all our member-facing surfaces is key to our discovery strategy. In this role you will support all of the manual curation work that underpins the content discovery experience. You will manage (with managerial oversight and refinement) the execution of all curation requests coming from internal partner teams, both sale and non-promotional, with guidance where needed from squad and genre specialists on the team. You will curate the Daily Deal selection each month, taking inputs from product marketing, content marketing, publisher partnerships, and programming leads. In addition you will handle the bulk of internal content requests from acquisition, marketing, and business development. The successful candidate will become a content database expert, and must have experience—and comfort with—querying databases. They will track ASINs against past sales and partner cross-functionally with the product marketing team to ensure that the ultimate revenue needs of the sales program are met.
- In addition to curation, the Editorial Generalist may be tasked with writing and editing articles for the blog, creating content for newsletters, building emails, scheduling landing pages in app, and participating in ongoing editorial programs such as Editors Select. The right candidate will demonstrate a highly creative and editorial mind, a sound business sense, a powerful attention to detail, an ability to work quickly and under pressure, strong writing skills, and a knack for getting things done in close collaboration with the creative, social, marketing, and business affairs teams. To excel in this position, you will be comfortable in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with high expectations for work quality and output. You will apply your organizational skills to track your various deliverables against deadlines.
Specifically, you will be tasked with:
- Responding to and tracking incoming content curation requests from partner teams such as product marketing, business development, content marketing, customer acquisition, marketing, and brand
- Curating lists of content to meet the needs of internal partners, ensuring that business goals and requirements are met
- Updating existing lists and collections to ensure continued relevance and maintained editorial standards
- Conceiving, pitching, creating, and editing content for our blog and website
- Building landing pages, article pages, emails, and newsletters using our suite of system tools, in partnership with our CRM and marketing operations teams
- Identifying and elevating in creative and thoughtful ways the hidden gems in our catalogue
- Curating thoughtful blog-style content and lists to drive engagement and aid in discovery
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Deep knowledge of books, authors, and publishing industry, both recent releases and backlist titles
- Passion for pop-culture and current events, with a strong editorial sense
- A love of audiobooks, podcasts, and spoken word content, and experience writing about or reviewing this type of content a plus
- Basic HTML skills and a general understanding of web development, adept at using a CMS and databases
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in online editorial or publishing work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate both personality and an obsessive attention to detail
- Strong organizational and managerial skills with the proven ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient knowledge MS Office (including excel)
- Excellent communication skills
If interested, please email Jenna Carpenter: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through our website.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed