Editorial Content Editor
Chicago, IL (must be local to the area)
4+ month contract (potential to extend, benefits offered)
Mastery is searching for a stellar writer and project manager to oversee its editorial function, from idea generation to publication. This position will be in charge of editorial for content production, which includes development, editing, management, quality control and implementation, while coordinating with various stakeholders and departments across the organization.
- [40%] Own Mastery’s editorial strategy, guidelines, and implementation
- Maintain and evolve editorial guidelines according to those of Google Ads, GMP, Ad Manager, Ad Mob, Marketing, and feedback from Mastery and our learners—ensuring the guidelines represent all of Mastery’s audiences
- Promote and socialize editorial guidelines and updates to relevant Mastery stakeholders
- Create in-depth editorial training to upskill the Mastery team
- Ensure Mastery templates (Evolve, Intellum, Video, HappYak, Slides, Docs, etc.) provide the right editorial foundation for studios to build from:
- [20%] Project Management with Vaco
- Partner with studios to assess and capacity plan to copy editing needs
- Collaborate with Vaco to onboard new copy editors, approve monthly invoices
- Manage workflow for copy editors, and ensure delivery within SLAs (48 hrs)
- Provide vendors with ongoing updates and training on editorial guidelines
- Source and deliver feedback from studios on the quality of editorial delivery from vendors, and plan milestones/measurement for improvement
- Work with the business to gain insight into future needs: moments of peak and troughs for editorial service
- Manage workflow and invoices for a professor
- Keep track of budget and submitting POs
- [40%] Writer/Copy editor
- Contribute as writer and/or copy editor to communications across Mastery including:
- MMK and other major internal communications
- Global communications
- Program communications
- In-program copy (if vendors are over capacity)
Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory Qualifications:
- Excellent copywriting, editing and literacy skills, including spelling and grammar
- 5+ years experience in a Senior Editorial and Creative role
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering a broad range of creative projects
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism, publishing, English or a related field.
- Preferred skills: editorial experience in a Learning & Development environment
If interested in learning more or applying to this position please visit: https://creative.synergishr.com/jobs/
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com/) is a specialized division of Synergis (www.synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities.
Synergis Creative/Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed