Position: UX Design Researcher
Location: Palo Alto
Job Description & Qualifications
Our client in the innovation space is searching for a strong Design Researcher to join their team. You will work in concert with a multidisciplinary team through a journey of human-centered research to uncover insights that contribute to all phases of the design process. As well as champion the voice of the user and leverage inspiration to discover hidden opportunities.
As a Design Researcher you will…
- Design and plan creative research, including recruiting users, experts, analogous companies and services.
- Experiment with different tools and methods to execute on research plans, e.g. co-creation.
- Use and help the team to use methods such as field observation, analogous research, conversations with experts and extreme users, concept evaluation, and participatory design to explore the edge of what’s possible in the near and far.
- Design inspirational research experiences for your project team that generate actionable insights.
- Partner with other disciplines to develop visual aids for research, e.g. flashcards, storyboards.
- Work with the design team to create research stimuli to deeply understand user needs, uncover possibilities, and test assumptions.
- Facilitate research events such as co-creation workshops.
- Conduct external benchmarking to inform the design research plan
- Develop profiles and target users for research recruiting.
- Synthesize research findings and unearth systems-level patterns and frameworks.
- Help develop personas, user profiles, design principles and creative storytelling tools to enable designing for user needs.
- Make research findings relevant and impactful for design through a variety of formats such as insights, decks, stories, videos, experiences, and exhibits.
- Work with the team to test concepts and prototypes, and help the team iterate the design based on user feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in social, behavioral, or cognitive sciences, such as Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Cultural Studies, or Design
- 2+ years of work and/or education experience applying research insights to products and services.
- 2+ years of work and/or education experience of using human-centered design, design thinking principles or methods in a formal, in-person setting.
- Master’s degree in Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Design or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of designing and/or facilitating group collaboration workshops.
- Experience of working on highly collaborative teams, or other multidisciplinary teams.
- Passionate about the automotive and transportation industry.
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com) is a specialized division of Synergis (synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative's recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities. Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed