Fitbit is seeking a seasoned leader to oversee voice and tone across the brand—telling engaging, consistent and impactful stories about our products and experience through all marketing channels.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, highly motivated person who can bring their creative and strategic ideas to life, thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and lead a team of hilarious and talented humans. If you set the bar on work ethic, are excited about health and wellness, and have a great attitude no matter what curveballs get thrown your way, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
You’ll work directly with creative leadership to oversee messaging across all projects, manage a copywriting team of 4+ and collaborate with cross-functional partners to concept and produce engaging, original and on-brand marketing materials. You’ll touch everything from creative strategies to social posts, telling impactful stories and driving consistency across Fitbit’s voice and tone across all channels, platforms and international regions.
What you bring to the role:
● 10+ years of experience in advertising and copywriting, whether in-house or at agencies
● Known for being a strong player-coach, rolling up your sleeves to do the work yourself, while also formally and informally mentoring creatives across the team
● Experience giving thoughtful feedback that inspires incredible work from others—including your team, partner agencies and external vendors
● Ability to jump into projects at any point in the process, take them to completion and elevate them along the way
● Combination of initiative and flexibility to problem solve and prioritize quickly—identifying a clear path forward on projects with limited direction, ambiguity and complexity
● Solid understanding of branding, ability to quickly adapt your writing style to the Fitbit brand and a keen eye for detail
● Portfolio that showcases a style that’s approachable, fresh and motivating, across a wide range of experience in writing for web/digital, packaging, social, video and beyond
● Dynamic presentation skills that sell creative to a diverse group of stakeholders and build relationships with cross-functional partners across the company
● Openness to adopting the em dash and avoiding the Oxford comma
● Proven track record of staying calm under pressure, creating an inclusive environment, leading with empathy and making things fun while getting the work done
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed