Content Acquisition & Development Manager
Must be located in Newark, NJ or Los Angeles, CA
9 month contract with potential to extend/convert (full benefits offered)
About The Role
Our Entertainment Content Acquisition & Development Team owns the full cycle business relationships with global talent agencies, TV/Film studios, production studios, celebrities, and representation organizations that serve as our top global creators. We work with agencies and organizations on new deal generation and deal renewals for prospective and current top partners. Additionally, the team ensures successful post-signing go to market planning across the relevant teams. You will support internal business strategy efforts for top-tier partners including contract negotiation and execution. You have a history of closing and bringing to fruition deals in the entertainment industry and new media and able to assist the global team to negotiate terms that benefit our customers.
- Serve as lead or second chair negotiator on audio entertainment deals.
- Structure, negotiate and execute mid to large-sized audio entertainment industry deals independently in support of larger team initiatives.
- Grow and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential entertainment industry partners such as film/TV studios, celebrities, production studios, writers, agents, managers, and publishers.
- Build relationships and represent the entertainment deals’ team to various internal stakeholders including Editorial/Creative, Finance, BI, Marketing, PR, Content Services, Content Partnerships, and Content Creation teams.
- Identify and prepare projects for internal support and valuation by presenting data, preparing budgets, P&Ls, and drafting proposed deal terms.
- Manage, prioritize, and execute high volume deal flow against specific metrics.
- Track and communicate deal terms within the organization and provide for first line of enforcement of deal terms if necessary.
- Coordinate closely with members of the content teams to maintain consistency in messaging and policy.
- College Degree required
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience and proven success in a content, media rights, business development, or digital media department/company
- Knowledge of the audio entertainment space
- Strong analytical/decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong aptitude to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong negotiation skills and relationship management
- Solid organizational and project management skills
- Solid understanding of intellectual property rights
- Strong verbal and written communication skills — ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and ideas in a simple manner across different levels of an organization
- Resourceful self-starter with an independent attitude and focus on excellence
- Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to work with cross functional teams under aggressive deadlines
- Masters or other advanced degree (JD)
- Previous experience in and understanding of both the digital and traditional media spaces
- Previous experience in the audio space, acquiring or selling audio rights
- Previous experience in the theater and/or music industry
- Passionate about storytelling, the evolution of audio, theater, music and consuming audio content
- Strong aptitude to use Salesforce, and company-wide Project Management tools.
Apply directly through our website, or if interested, please send your resume and contact information to Jenna Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed