Title: Communication Designer
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Mountain View
*Must include a link to work samples/portfolio on resume. Samples must be submitted in PDF or Website format.
Communication Designers are responsible for representing our client and their own product teams in the most accurate way possible all the while improving communication of complex ideas internally and externally. Common deliverables are illustrations, infographics, videos, printed materials, emails, and presentations. Executing these items at scale can also require creating communication systems that could take the shape of website and templates. As a Communication Designer you will be responsible for taking a variety of content such as program updates, user research findings, insights, and data and crafting them into compelling, engaging, and memorable messages aimed at audiences ranging from the global UX team to executives.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Partner with user experience researchers & cross-functional partners to create data visualizations, provide visual storytelling support, and craft communication materials (such as presentations, documents, websites, decks) that disseminate key research findings across Geo.
2. Provide design vision, art direction, and lead the team to produce the necessary materials, such as event branding, booth design, swag, posters, and etc for internal and external events.
3. Recommend & implement new strategies and presentation materials for communicating research findings to our stakeholders.
· A degree in relevant field—Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Web Design, New Media. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience
· 4+ years of experience in industry standard software such as Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and Google Apps (Slides, Docs, Sheets). Excellent written and visual communication skills in English
· Samples must be submitted in PDF or Website format
· An impressive portfolio of online work that includes a breadth of work; styles for information visualizations, illustrations, iconography, print, and visual design
· Creative problem-solving abilities and the desire to experiment with new ways of presenting complex information
· 3-5+ years' experience visual design, UI design, or product design with ability to adapt stylistic range to different brands
· Experience with using & editing video for advertising, marketing, or propaganda
· Interest in or experience with exhibition & kiosk design
· Experience working closely with UX and product management teams in the tech industry
· Great at storytelling and turning insights into sticky headlines
· Effective communication with program managers
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed