Business Affairs Manager, Creative
6+ Month Contract (w/benefits)
New York, NY
Our client, a leader in digital technology, is seeking a Business Affairs Manager for their in-house Creative Studio.
- Work very closely with, and under the supervision of, the Head of Business Affairs of Creative in structuring and negotiating a high volume of agreements necessary to produce commercials and other scripted and unscripted content (e.g., talent agreements, synch/master use licenses, releases, composer agreements, rights acquisition agreements) for use across multiple platforms
- Supervise the clearance and licensing of third-party content for inclusion in video, print and web related media
- Manage projects from inception to completion to troubleshoot potential issues while ensuring policies and procedures are followed without sacrificing the quality of creative output
- Liaise with legal counsel on the drafting of all contracts, and review of trademark, copyright and clearance matters
- Work closely with and counsel Creative producers, creatives, and other executives regarding interpretation of contractual rights and other business/legal issues related to content licensing and production
- Assist in continually revising and improving basic form agreements
- Manage the drafting and submission of new vendor agreements
- Manage the traffic and network clearance process for TV content
- Reports to Head of Business Affairs, Creative
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a law firm and/or in-house legal and/or business affairs department of a studio, production company, network, or other media company focusing on content creation, advising clients on all legal/business affairs aspects of the production of scripted and unscripted content across multiple platforms
- Experience negotiating and drafting production-related agreements (e.g., talent agreements, synch/master use agreements, releases, location agreements, rights acquisition)
- Experience and comfort with counseling cross-functional business stakeholders and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts
- Experience clearing third-party content for inclusion in TV or commercials production
- Knowledge of relevant guilds (SAG, AFM, DGA, WGA, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge of advertising practice and regulations a plus
For immediate consideration, please apply through our website through the “Apply” button below.
Synergis Creative (creative.synergishr.com) is a specialized division of Synergis (synergishr.com) that serves the needs of leading creative firms, departments and agencies. Synergis Creative carefully matches creative and marketing talent to a full-time, contract or project positions.
Synergis Creative's recruiters have been a driving force of the creative and marketing space for over six years. We draw from a wealth of experience with technology staffing, industry best practices and exceptional connections to match candidates with incredible opportunities. Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed