Audio Editorial, Content
Remote – Newark, NJ
9 month contract with potential to extend
Our Content team is looking for a smart, passionate, book and podcast-obsessed editor to support the audio editing and ongoing curation needs of the editorial team. Our team is responsible for driving discovery and feeding the fandoms of our members, while supporting our highly valuable creator relationships. To meet these symbiotic goals we create a robust slate of “content about content” which includes an expansive audio interview line-up, various audio essays, and podcasts. In this role you will assist with editing supplemental audio content, working with transcripts, and partnering with our studios team to produce the final product. With your focus on audio editorial, you will be responsible for handling all incoming audio sample curation requests.
Additionally you will support the execution of the curation requests coming from internal partner teams—both sale and non-promotional—that underpin the content discovery experience, with guidance where needed from squad and genre specialists on the team. You may also be tasked with writing and editing articles for the blog, creating content for newsletters, and participating in ongoing editorial programs such as Editors Select. The right candidate will demonstrate a highly creative and editorial mind, a sound business sense, a powerful attention to detail, an ability to work quickly and under pressure, strong writing skills, and a knack for getting things done in close collaboration with the studios, marketing, and business affairs teams. To excel in this position, you will be comfortable in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with high expectations for work quality and output. You will apply your organizational skills to track your various deliverables against deadlines.
Specifically, you will be tasked with:
- Line editing written audio transcripts of interviews, features, and podcasts for clarity, identifying areas in the audio that need updating or refining.
- Communicating changes to our audio team for editing.
- Curating lists of content to meet the needs of internal partners, ensuring that business goals and requirements are met.
- Updating existing lists and collections to ensure continued relevance and maintained editorial standards.
- Conceiving, pitching, creating, and editing content for our blog
- Identifying and elevating in creative and thoughtful ways the hidden gems in our catalogue
- Curating thoughtful blog-style content and lists to drive engagement and aid in discovery
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Deep knowledge of books, authors, and publishing industry, both recent releases and backlist titles
- Passion for pop-culture and current events, with a strong editorial sense
- A love of audiobooks, podcasts, and spoken word content, and experience writing about or reviewing this type of content
- Demonstrable experience with line editing
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in online editorial or publishing work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate both personality and an obsessive attention to detail
- Strong organizational and managerial skills with the proven ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient knowledge MS Office (including excel)
- Excellent communication skills
Apply directly through our website, or if interested, please send your resume and contact information to Jenna Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 20 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at www.synergishr.com.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed